Climate Controlled seat partially inop

The heated and cooled front seats in my '11 MKX both seem to only be working on the outer portions of each seat (forward part of the bottom cushion- thigh area, and the upper portion of the backrest around the shoulders), with the rear half of the seat, and lumbar portion of the backrest not heating or cooling. From the research I have done so far, the backrest and seat cushion heating/cooling are independent of each other, and the air manifold for each portion is a single unit, so I don't see any failure points that may cause this, especially so 4 times over. Could it just be that there is no heating in this area, or am I missing something that may be causing this?

I have had to replace a failed harness and add an additional ground to the DCSM, and also have a spare module to try should I need it, but again I don't see any point in the system where an electrical failure could have taken out these 2 "zones" offline. 

Has anyone run into a similar issue, or have any ideas on how I may approach fixing this?

• 1 month later...

After a little more trial and error, best I can come up with is that the seat foam/inset air manifold has collapsed to the point that it has impacted the airflow. The seat cushion has been discontinued, so it seems that there is no easy way to fix the issue, short of attempting to find a salvage seat and hope it doesn't have the same issue.