I'm getting laid off:(

jrod

Well folks, I have to tell you all it has been a pleasure helping everyone with their VIN#'s the last few months!! I know how frustrating it is to deal with dealerships most of the time, I know I had a hard time with mine. Unfortunately I just learned that I will be getting laid off into "GEN" (labor pool overflow program) on Monday. I most likely will no longer have access to the VIN# tracking system, so I can only help out another 2 days. Hopefully there are some other peopleon this board who can help you guys and gals out!!! I will still be posting here from home!!! Good luck and enjoy those Edges and MKX's!!!!

Jrod,

I'm sorry to hear the bad news.

You seem to be a great guy, and a great ford employee.

I'm not sure what your status will be with Ford in the future, but for now it certainly is their lose.

Best of luck with work, and at least we'll still hear from you on the thread.

What does the Gen. pool mean? Will you still have a job at Ford. . .kinda like sitting in the "dugout?"

Well, everyone here certainly appreciates your help in locating their Edge/MKX models :rockon: I hope the future holds good things for you and Ford both. :yup:

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

I am still employeed by Ford. GEN stands for Guaranteed Employment Number. It is a UAW negotiated benefit that prevents a laid off person from going to the street. To sum it up, there are more workers than jobs, so we are put into a pool based on hire in date and are susequently used for non traditional work, and sometimes, but rarely put back on the floor to fill in when needed. I am definitely glad we have GEN, but the stability of working in my trade (Machine Repair), staying fresh and sharp working on the line is much more preferrable.

Our site (Cleveland) has around 800 skilled trades, and only 170 GEN spots for skilled trades. I happen to have enough seniority to hold GEN and not go to the street, which is a great thing. However, around 80 other skilled trades workers here don't have enough seniority and are on the street, which isn't a good place to be since contract negotiations are in September.

jrod,

I'm also sorry to hear the bad news. I really appreciate your help on tracking our Edge.

I'm not sure what your status will be with Ford in the future, hopefully you'll get back to what you like doing, but for now it certainly is their loss.

I hope Ford realizes the good service you have been providing to us customers and the goodwill towards Ford you have earned them with your efforts.

Good luck in the future and may God bless you.

Well folks, I have to tell you all it has been a pleasure helping everyone with their VIN#'s the last few months!! I know how frustrating it is to deal with dealerships most of the time, I know I had a hard time with mine. Unfortunately I just learned that I will be getting laid off into "GEN" (labor pool overflow program) on Monday. I most likely will no longer have access to the VIN# tracking system, so I can only help out another 2 days. Hopefully there are some other peopleon this board who can help you guys and gals out!!! I will still be posting here from home!!! Good luck and enjoy those Edges and MKX's!!!!

Jrod,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I was in another section of the forum when I sent you a message earlier on tonight and just came across this post from you. I'd also like to say thanks so much for the help and info you have provided for many people on here. As I mentioned earlier, I finally received my VIN. Maybe you still have access to the system so here it is: 2FMDK39C17BA81198. Thanks in advance; I hope the layoff is a brief one for you.

Horn

Thanks for the help so far and Im sorry to hear that your being layed off.

If you are using Conceps to track VIN info, can you help me figure it out so I can help everybody around here with their tracking needs? I work at a Ford Dealer so hopefully I can obtain the Lincoln info too.

-Dan

Thanks for the help so far and Im sorry to hear that your being layed off.

If you are using Conceps to track VIN info, can you help me figure it out so I can help everybody around here with their tracking needs? I work at a Ford Dealer so hopefully I can obtain the Lincoln info too.

-Dan

No I'm not using Conceps. I use an internal Ford site that seems to only be in the plants. You can try on you computer at your dealership if you want, www.my.ford.com. Hopefully it works, but the site has a lot of plant specifics, different manufacturing factors and details and so on, but it's worth a try!!

jrod, aren't the young guy in the pic with the wife picking up a new Edge on the right hand side here?

Also, my apologies, if us in the field had done better with wholesale and retail sales, we'd all be doing alot better right now.

Yeah that's my wife and I in the pic, and I'm not putting any blame on Ford's sales force or their plant workers (hourly or salary). Upper management got complacent, cut corners and basically neglected to keep itself in tune with the customer and future market trends. But what's done is done!!! I love this company and have faith in it's turnaround. Our most recent products in the last few years support my feelings. The Japanese companies will have their problems, Toyota is already starting a downward spiral in quality and other problems. Public perception is the key, and hopefully this new marketing campaign I'm hearing about will address that need. Have faith in us too!!! Us Ford workers are depending on you!!!!!