Sunroof Power Connection of Ford Edge 2013 Sports

Hi,
I have Ford Edge 2013 Sports, sunroof does not have power at all, previous owner said he got it disconnected because his kids were trying to play with it every time they get into the car, my questions are:

1. from where can i reconnect the sunroof power.
  2. is it possible to only remove sunroof shade and not Glass, because i am afraid that since sunroof hasn’t been used for more than a year, the glass may not close back.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum, @Optimus!

The cheapest, quickest, easiest way to disable operation of your Edge's movable glass roof panel and sunshade is to remove the fuse which protects the circuit that provides power to those respective motors.

This is depicted in the following Wiring Diagram, with those three components red-circled for clarity...

ROOFOPENINGPANELMOTORASSEMBLY-FuseGlass-ShadeMotorsHIGHLIGHTEDWiringDiagram-2013Edge.thumb.jpg.c6a9a52af9c5abd84c477adf86a877ed.jpg

As the Wiring Diagram indicates, the F8 20-amp fuse is located inside the Battery Junction Box (BJB), a large black rectangular enclosure located in the engine compartment on your Edge's driver's side...

BATTERYJUNCTIONBOX(BJB)-UnderhoodLocationHIGHLIGHTED-2013Edge.jpg.30f5ecf42ccba50a28f2266eaec174e9.jpg

The BJB's cover is hinged, and rotates backward after its two latching tabs are released, revealing the fuses and relays the BJB contains...

BATTERYJUNCTIONBOX(BJB)-8FuseLocationHIGHLIGHTED-2013Edge.jpg.c8100218ad1fbf32f0c292d25ef1f2c0.jpg

Check the BJB's above red-boxed socket to see if the F8 20-amp fuse is there. If not, look in your Edge's glove box to see if the fuse was put there for safe keeping and future reinstallation.

If you cannot find the removed F8 20-amp fuse in your Edge's interior, go to your local auto parts store and, perhaps, have one of the parts counter clerks look inside your Edge's BJB to ensure you're being provided the proper fuse -- and buy at least two of these fuses.

If the F8 20-amp fuse was missing -- and your Edge's previous owner was being honest with you, then operation of the moving glass roof panel and the sunshade may be restored once a new 20-amp fuse is placed in the above red-boxed F8 socket.

But, what if the F8 20-amp fuse is currently in place in the BJB?

Next, at night or with your Edge inside a dark-ish parking area, turn on your Edge's parking lamps and see if the Tilt and Glass Panel/Sunshade switches in the Overhead Console are illuminated in the same way as other switches in your Edge's interior are illuminated.

If those two overhead switches are not illuminated while others in your Edge are illuminated, then operation of the two switches may have been disabled by  unclipping the C9001 electrical connector from the two-switch assembly.

To see if C9001 is in place on -- or not clipped onto -- the Tilt and Glass Panel/Sunshade switch assembly, grab onto each side of the Overhead Console and pull it downward until it releases from its overhead bracket...

OverheadConsole-EnhancedIllustration-2013EdgeWorkshopManual.jpg.3a4f54d7bdda76e1c15c51ba53a8120c.jpg

OverheadConsole-EnhancedIllustrationComponentsLegend-2013EdgeWorkshopManual.jpg.62483354cd6cbc6cbb4083b45a06bc12.jpg

As you may notice in the above illustration, there should be two electrical connectors attached to the Overhead Console, once it's pulled down:

The previously discussed C9001 connector which looks like this [molded plastic color(s) may be different]...

ConnectorC9001Photo.jpg.68833c2e5ab19548eeab199d86cb54c8.jpg

And also a C930 connector which looks like this...

ConnectorC930Photo.jpg.2731d9c83c0d8c0c6d778e4c61be8266.jpg

The C9001 connector conveys the Tilt & Sliding Glass Panel switches illumination, as well as the Sliding Glass Panel & Sunshade motors' operation.

If the C9001 connector is not clipped onto the Tilt & Sliding Glass Panel switches assembly, then reattaching the C9001 connector may restore the operation of the Sliding Glass Panel & Sunshade, per this description from the 2013 Edge Owner's Manual...

Moonroof-SunshadeOperation-Page100-2013EdgeOwnersManual.thumb.jpg.007d9b10b7ed4f01f30e19bad5bcec9e.jpg

Please report-back on what your investigation reveals.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hey Man,
Thank you so much for these detailed steps, i am gonna try them tonight and will update, meanwhile can you please go through another post of mine where I am facing problem with multimedia Sony screen.
I appreciate your help.
Thanks 

Can you visually verify that Fuse 8 is not blown, or use a continuity tester/volt-ohm meter to verify the fuse is intact?

Presuming the Edge's former owner was being truthful about having the Sliding Glass Roof Panel and Sunshade professionally deactivated, is it possible to obtain the repair shop/mechanic's identity, so you can learn specifically how the deactivation was accomplished?

I can provide you diagnostic procedures to assess various related electrical circuits and components, however, much time and effort could be saved if you can learn exactly what was disconnected -- unless the Edge's former owner's explanation was not truthful and only an excuse to cover-up known faults in the components' operation.

Good luck!

• Like 1