did my transmission on my 08 edge limited

08edgeblows

Hi new to the site maybe u ford lovers or not lovers can help.I drove my kid to school today and want to the store i want to put the car in ® and i heared a thob and then the car sound like it was in neutral when i step on the gas as i was in ®.then i put it in (drive) and it drove like it was in neutral.And my Ford car dealer closed down.Had it towed to another dealer DO U THINK THE TRANSMISSION IS SHOT . This should not happin to new car and i had to pay for a rental car to go to work maybe the Prez of ford can give me a blowout package so i can pay for the rental and the monthly payment for the car thats in the shop for how long who knows?

THANX YOU

Edited by 08edgeblows

• 2 weeks later...
Hi new to the site maybe u ford lovers or not lovers can help.I drove my kid to school today

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

the monthly payment for the car thats in the shop for how long who knows?

THANX YOU

U don't give details of blowout package, but sounds good as long as U'r not out any money. Any work they do will be covered under warranty. :yup: Warranty also covers cost of rental.:yahoo:

Edited by dadrett

• 3 weeks later...
Hi new to the site maybe u ford lovers or not lovers can help.I drove my kid to school today and want to the store i want to put the car in ® and i heared a thob and then the car sound like it was in neutral when i step on the gas as i was in ®.then i put it in (drive) and it drove like it was in neutral.And my Ford car dealer closed down.Had it towed to another dealer DO U THINK THE TRANSMISSION IS SHOT . This should not happin to new car and i had to pay for a rental car to go to work maybe the Prez of ford can give me a blowout package so i can pay for the rental and the monthly payment for the car thats in the shop for how long who knows?

THANX YOU

Had similar problem with my 2008 Edge on Friday 3/27/09. Have a grand total of 6060 miles on car. Had stopped at stop sign attempted to go forward after stop, engine just roared as if in neutral. Car then thrust ahead with a strong jerk and then immediately went back into neutral. I pulled car into a safe area, put it in neutral and then shifted the car back into drive. NOTHING except engine roaring. Car then thrust forward and then lost total power of drive gear. This continued the mile to our house. I almost was rear ended when car lost drive and as I pulled over to get out of way, the drive gear once again went from 0 to 80 on odometer and the RPM jumped way up as car shot forward. This time, I almost hit car that was going around me. Had car towed to Ford Dealer on Monday. (had not driven car all weekend). Explained problem to them and they said that they had never heard of this problem. WRONG, we checked the message blogs and found 17 other people having same experience. They drove car a few times, checked the computer system and could not find any problem. I also had to rent a vehicle because I had not purchased car from this dealer. Now have car back, NOT FIXED or problem solved. Now I am very concerned about driving car in heavy traffic areas. Too bad as prior to this, I had loved this car. I am going back to our original dealer and see if I can get some satisfaction from them. At least they will furnish me with a car while getting this problem worked out. ........ I ALSO had the extended warranty that was supposed to furnish any car without fee.

Had similar problem with my 2008 Edge on Friday 3/27/09. Have a grand total of 6060 miles on car. Had stopped at stop sign attempted to go forward after stop, engine just roared as if in neutral. Car then thrust ahead with a strong jerk and then immediately went back into neutral. I pulled car into a safe area, put it in neutral and then shifted the car back into drive. NOTHING except engine roaring. Car then thrust forward and then lost total power of drive gear. This continued the mile to our house. I almost was rear ended when car lost drive and as I pulled over to get out of way, the drive gear once again went from 0 to 80 on odometer and the RPM jumped way up as car shot forward. This time, I almost hit car that was going around me. Had car towed to Ford Dealer on Monday. (had not driven car all weekend). Explained problem to them and they said that they had never heard of this problem. WRONG, we checked the message blogs and found 17 other people having same experience. They drove car a few times, checked the computer system and could not find any problem. I also had to rent a vehicle because I had not purchased car from this dealer. Now have car back, NOT FIXED or problem solved. Now I am very concerned about driving car in heavy traffic areas. Too bad as prior to this, I had loved this car. I am going back to our original dealer and see if I can get some satisfaction from them. At least they will furnish me with a car while getting this problem worked out. ........ I ALSO had the extended warranty that was supposed to furnish any car without fee.

While I can't say what went wrong, I can tell you this. Just because people have complained of a porblem on the internet does not mean the dealership has heard of the problem or seen the problem before. Your talking about 17 people across world having a problem and you expect 1 dealership to have seen this issue. Taking it to another dealership still may be a good idea. You may need to leave it with them for awhile though to try and duplicate the problem.

THANX YOU

A warranty problem and you register with “08edgeblows” before you even find out what’s wrong?????????

Spell and grammar check please.