Wrench light keeps coming on after replacing TSS and OSS sensors - code P0715 & P0717

I have 2008 ford edge. I replaced the tss and oss sensors. After the replacement, the wrench light keeps coming on even at low speeds. Does the car just need more time for the relearning or there is something wrong with the replaced sensors.

11 hours ago, fowis said:

I have 2008 ford edge. I replaced the tss and oss sensors. After the replacement, the wrench light keeps coming on even at low speeds. Does the car just need more time for the relearning or there is something wrong with the replaced sensors.

9 hours ago, fowis said:

I am getting the same code I was getting before the sensors replacement. I get code P0715.

So to be clear, you had the same code before and after sensor replacement.

What are you using to read the codes?

What color is the transmission fluid? When was it changed, if ever and mileage of the Edge too?

Does it shift right? Did the CEL ever go out after the parts replacement? Do you have rodent problem,

as those little critters love to eat automotive wiring?

1 hour ago, garycrist said:

What color is the transmission fluid? When was it changed, if ever and mileage of the Edge too?

Does it shift right? Did the CEL ever go out after the parts replacement? Do you have rodent problem,

as those little critters love to eat automotive wiring?

The transmission fluid was fine. The color was red.  It looked almost new. I replaced it anyway with a new transmission fluid. Mileage is 212k. Wiring looked also fine when I replaced the sensors. What is CEL?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garycrist said:

CEL= Check engine Light or your "Wrench" icon. I dug up a

video. I don't know if it helps. That is why the tranny questions.

I have 210K on my 08 Edge with no problems.

After the replacement, the check engine light is always on and the wrench light comes back on as soon as I start driving the car. However, before the replacement, the check engine light and the wrench light were not coming on unless I drive on the highway above 70 mph. Thanks for the video.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1004ron said:

What app do you use with the OBD2 adapter?

I use mobile app "Repairsol2" with this scan tool. 

What are the codes that you think i should get in my case?

Posted (edited)

Voltage and resistance are checked. 

Harness wiring is ok.

There are resistances between the transaxle connector C175T and sensors connectors so the Solenoid is also ok.

There is 12 VDC at pin 2 of tss and oss connectors (Solenoid side).

There is a reference voltage of 5 at pins 1 and 3 of the tss and oss connectors (Solenoid side).

So, pcm is ok.

Solenoid is ok

Harness wiring is ok.

I guess I need to replace the new installed tss and oss sensors.

Edited by fowis

• 1004ron changed the title to Wrench light keeps coming on after replacing TSS and OSS sensors - code P0715 & P0717
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to share with you the reason for this problem. After removing the valve body I found the tss sensor is broken. During the installation, tss sensor got stuck between the valve body and transmission case. It has been pierced by the valve body and it broke as can be seen in the photo. 

Thank you.

20240705_170250.jpg

• Like 1