Headrests

Side note, the 'small hole' is about 1/16" round and its on the vertical right side (for driver headrest, it's on the center console's side of the seat; for the passenger's headrest, it's on the door's side of the seat) of the plastic height adjuster. When you push the paperclip through the hole, it will feel like you're pushing on a spring. Take the headrest to it's highest position, push on the 'spring' with the paperclip and pull 'up' on the headrest.

Also, when you flip them around and you raise the height of the headrest, you cannot lower it without using the paperclip/hole procedure.

If you have problems with the paperclip rigidity, use a small allen wrench.

Hope that helps and doesn't confuse!!

Try as I might I cannot get the headrest out. I do not really feel a spring when pushing a small allen wrench into the hole.

I HATE these headrests. Like the vehicle but the headrests have to be the worst thing ever invented. Sure wish someone would come out with an aftermarket.

Try as I might I cannot get the headrest out. I do not really feel a spring when pushing a small allen wrench into the hole.

I HATE these headrests. Like the vehicle but the headrests have to be the worst thing ever invented. Sure wish someone would come out with an aftermarket.

Get used to it. There are new gov't standards for head restraints that require such a design or a motorized setup that's expensive. You'll see it on most other new vehicles in the next year.

Get used to it. There are new gov't standards for head restraints that require such a design or a motorized setup that's expensive. You'll see it on most other new vehicles in the next year.

BS, I want comfort and I'm willing to sacrifice some protection for that. I also ride a motorcycle and don't wear a helmet. "Get use to it!"

BS, I want comfort and I'm willing to sacrifice some protection for that. I also ride a motorcycle and don't wear a helmet. "Get use to it!"

I didn't make the rules. I was just explaining that Ford was simply complying with government regulations and that it wasn't just a design choice.

Lex

Can you give us a list of your top mods in order of priority?

Gary

/* Hijack on

well, they are all listed in my signature, but if you wanted an order to the top ones I think are must do's:

1. tint windows

2. speakers

3. LED bulbs

4. HID lights

5. BAMR control panel light mod

6. bumper guard/saver

7. backup camera

this sounds about right for ones I find really useful routinely.. I love all the mods I have done.. some are really legit useful, some are just because I wanted to see if I could do them.

Hijack off */