Jump to content

2013 Edge SEL remote start with phone


Recommended Posts

Purchased a new to us 2013 Edge SEL with ignition key and 8” infotainment screen and I want to add remote start with cell phone connection. I see plenty of older posts with OEM part numbers to get the remote start part and the hood switch but unfortunately the remote access aka phone start part is discontinued. I found one on eBay but remembered when I did this for an Explorer I had a few years ago that the cellular box was 3G and was going to become unusable. Google says the part number I see for remote access is 3G not LTE which is why it is discontinued. Is there a Ford LTE remote access module that will work with the 2013 Edge or do I have to choose between OEM with no phone app or 3rd party? TIA!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think the Edge got Ford/SYNC Connect until 2019.

 

If these older posts you see about adding Ford/SYNC Connect to older vehicles were 3G modems, then you can just substitute a 4G/LTE modem. My 2016 MKZ was released with a 3g modem/TCU, and I bought a 4G TCU and 4G antenna and upgraded it.

 

I haven't seen any posts or documentation in adding Ford/SYNC Connect to a vehicle that doesn't have it, other than something that plugs into the OBD port.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...