Door sill protectors

igcitng

the Limited actually has them.. nice and metal/chrome... maybe you can go to Ford and see about getting the matching part# and doing a quick swap.

When you say swap, do mean change what I have? There is something that protects where the carpet meets the doorway, but there is also another area that is just metal that the door closes over. I hope I am making some sense with my description.

Also, Lex, I noticed your signature and all of the mods, do you have a pic of this work of art? Wow.

Thanks.

When you say swap, do mean change what I have? There is something that protects where the carpet meets the doorway, but there is also another area that is just metal that the door closes over. I hope I am making some sense with my description.

Also, Lex, I noticed your signature and all of the mods, do you have a pic of this work of art? Wow.

Thanks.

do a Goolge on "ford edge door sill" and you will see these stock Ford ones I speak of - and several other options that offer even more protection.. and yes, you could change what you have OR add additional protection types

as for all the mods.. search here as every single one of them is covered 'somewhere' in these forums :) spread out, but all here

do a Goolge on "ford edge door sill" and you will see these stock Ford ones I speak of - and several other options that offer even more protection.. and yes, you could change what you have OR add additional protection types

as for all the mods.. search here as every single one of them is covered 'somewhere' in these forums :) spread out, but all here

The picture shows what I have, the upper part has a cover, but the metal below is unprotected. For my old truck I was able to get a cover to avoid scratches in the paint in that area. Is it maybe just not doable?

Yeah, I know what he's talking about. Something like this, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-2009-L...VehicleQ5fParts

Before you do that, let me tell you a story about a similar product that Steeda makes for the Fusion. I bought the chrome Steeda sill plates for the Fusion and although they look really nice, they are not functional at all. By that I mean that if you live in an area that gets a lot of rain, the rain will pool around the sill since the area around the sill is raised, and when you open the door you will get a (sometimes very significant) splash of water rushing out of the door. So, although they look good, and probably would protect the paint, they decrease the space between the door and frame and make proper draining an issue. That's why I'd just go with something very light like a heavy vinyl decal.

All of that said, obviously the Edge/MKX and Fusion are designed differently, and these sills look different than the ones I have, so they might be more functional and less invasive than I've got on my car.

Edited by bluetexan

Yes, that is what I mean. Thank you so much.

I am in IL, so I get all of the weather; rain snow heat cold, this year all in one week. If putting something there would cause water pooling or for the door to not close, I definitely would not want to do that. If street salt got caught in there I would be looking at an ugly rust situation. They were great on my old Blazer, but I am sure not every car is made for them.

Does a decal type protector exist?

Yeah, I know what he's talking about. Something like this, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-2009-L...VehicleQ5fParts

Before you do that, let me tell you a story about a similar product that Steeda makes for the Fusion. I bought the chrome Steeda sill plates for the Fusion and although they look really nice, they are not functional at all. By that I mean that if you live in an area that gets a lot of rain, the rain will pool around the sill since the area around the sill is raised, and when you open the door you will get a (sometimes very significant) splash of water rushing out of the door. So, although they look good, and probably would protect the paint, they decrease the space between the door and frame and make proper draining an issue. That's why I'd just go with something very light like a heavy vinyl decal.

All of that said, obviously the Edge/MKX and Fusion are designed differently, and these sills look different than the ones I have, so they might be more functional and less invasive than I've got on my car.