Has anyone bought this cargo cover??

I have seen it and its the exact same one you get from Ford. If you look on the website at the top of the page it states that this item is a Genuine Ford Accessories.

I saw this on one of the accessory sites. It looks like it has a perimeter (wire?) support which allows it to lay over the cargo area. It appears MORE substantial than the flimsy Ford offering.

http://www.partscheap.com/2009_Ford_Edge_C...5440-aa-e09.htm

Anyone bought this or seen it??

I had a similar cover in my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Instead of spending the cash for a non-retractable cover, I went to Target and bought a 2-pack of 42 x 86" black canvas curtains for $15. I folded the first curtain in half and it protects the black cargo carpet. To cover small items in the back, I just put them between the first and second layer. The second curtain is folded up and under the back seat...when I need a larger cover, that's what I use.

I've taken a couple road trips with the Edge and the 'curtain cargo system' (haha) works great.

• 2 months later...

I put some industrial velcro on both sides for attachment, no need for the straps around the headrests but left them there. Didn't like how hard it was to remove the hooks from the sides. It's working great, my interior is black so the black velcro doesn't ever really show and holds the thing in tight. I was bummed that it was not the retractable type. It's chinzy, but it works.

• 1 month later...
I put some industrial velcro on both sides for attachment, no need for the straps around the headrests but left them there. Didn't like how hard it was to remove the hooks from the sides. It's working great, my interior is black so the black velcro doesn't ever really show and holds the thing in tight. I was bummed that it was not the retractable type. It's chinzy, but it works.

I was using tension rod rather than drilling into plastic for rear holder. Gave up and had Ford dealer install--charged about $50. Not as nice as retractables I had in Infiniti and Toyota, but serves its purpose. Is a pain to get the hooks out. Wish I would have seen this and used the industrial velcro. I have the cream color interior and not sure if industrial velcro is available in any color other than black or white.

You can get 3M dual lock heavy heavy duty velcro in 'clear' from www.uline.com. www.fastenation.com has custom colors available upon request. And here is a link to tan strips on Amazon, but not heavy duty. http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Sticky-Back-F...3/dp/B000078CUA

not sure if industrial velcro is available in any color other than black or white.