Rear door weatherstrip

Whitey

Does anyone have a problem with the rubber weatherstrip on the rear doors getting mashed down?

I'm talking about the rubber that is attached to the rear door not the body, Both my rear doors have rubber that is mashed "down" about half way back along the top edge of the door. It appears that it is caused by the transition from the flat front side at the top curve heading back along the top edge where it should be "plumped up" up along the top edge of the door.

Take a look at your rear doors and see what you've got?

There are no leaks so far but it seems like this is not right...

I'd hate to get new rubber for both doors only to have it do the same thing with time!

Thanks,

Whitey

2007 SEL+ AWD

Edited by Whitey

Does anyone have a problem with the rubber weatherstrip on the rear doors getting folded/mashed over?

I'm talking about the rubber that is attached to the rear door not the body, Both my rear doors have rubber that is folded/mashed "down" about half way back along the top edge of the door. It appears that it is caused by the transition from the flat front side at the top curve heading back along the top edge where it should be "plumped up" up along the top edge of the door.

Take a look at your rear doors and see what you've got?

There are no leaks so far but it seems like this not right...

I'd hate to get new rubber for both doors only to have it do the same thing with time!

Thanks,

Whitey

2007 SEL+ AWD

ill have to check it out i also have a 07 sel+ the only prob ive had so far id with the rubber strip between the spoiler and the glass, its coming out and ford is fixing it as soon as the part comes in.