Brand/Model of the 2009 Navigation

zamboyz

Hi,

I am relatively new to the forum, and just purchased a Ford Edge Limited 2009, awaiting delivery next week. I was just wondering, what is the brand/model of the navigation in the Ford Edge 2009, and is it available after-market. I don't want to lose SYNC, so I am wondering if its possible to buy a factory nav of Ebay or something. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

yazza

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I am relatively new to the forum, and just purchased a Ford Edge Limited 2009, awaiting delivery next week. I was just wondering, what is the brand/model of the navigation in the Ford Edge 2009, and is it available after-market. I don't want to lose SYNC, so I am wondering if its possible to buy a factory nav of Ebay or something. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

yazza

I have heard it is a Sony system. I have it in my 09 Edge Sport. It is hard drive based, and the graphics and performance are light years ahead of the 2008 versions DVD based systems. I have not seen any on Ebay yet, but there are 2 sellers who must get NAV systems from wrecked or other sources and they always have new programmed systems for Ford vehicles.

I had problems with my first one but after 3 trips to the dealership and a lot of rage they swapped one out with another 09 Edge on the lot. I am now a happy camper. It appears the 2010 NAV systems will be a part of the SYNC 3.0 system and will not have the display screen so this may be a one year wonder.

I have heard it is a Sony system. I have it in my 09 Edge Sport. It is hard drive based, and the graphics and performance are light years ahead of the 2008 versions DVD based systems. I have not seen any on Ebay yet, but there are 2 sellers who must get NAV systems from wrecked or other sources and they always have new programmed systems for Ford vehicles.

I had problems with my first one but after 3 trips to the dealership and a lot of rage they swapped one out with another 09 Edge on the lot. I am now a happy camper. It appears the 2010 NAV systems will be a part of the SYNC 3.0 system and will not have the display screen so this may be a one year wonder.

Only the amp is made by Sony, the NAV unit itself is made by Xanavi - a division of Hitachi. I think the hard drive is made by Clarion. It's essentially the same system that Nissan uses. Even if you find one on Ebay though, there is a lot more to installing it than just bolting it in, do a search there are a couple threads.

As for 2010, the system will still be available. SYNC 3.0 is a totally separate system that offers some (but not all) Nav functions for those who don't want to pay for the full system.