My 2007 Ford Edge turn signals suddenly started flashing faster.

The front turnsignals work fine but flash fast.

Neither of the rear turnsigals work

The brake lights do not work either.

The thing is when I shut the car off the rear bulbs seem to work when the lights stay on for a period of time.

Are the bulbs bad or is there a fuse or something that needs to be replaced.

Thanks for any help

The thing is when I shut the car off the rear bulbs seem to work when the lights stay on for a period of time.

Thanks for any help

Does the center brake light work? If not then you no doubt have a short or blown fuse somewhere

Thanks for any help

Hi Thomas. :D First question: Is you car still under Warranty?

Next: Check all of your brake and turn signal bulbs. See if any are out. If one is out, replace the bulb and see if that corrects the problem. Also, check the fuse diagrams and charts in your Owners Manual. Determine which fuse is controlling the non-working bulb and check the fuse. Replace if necessary. If that does not correct the problem, or if more than one is not illuminating, there is a good chance you have a deeper electrical problem.

You can try replacing all non-working bulbs, but the odds of more than one bulb actually being "burned out" are slim. It would likely be another deeper problem (like fuses, relays, a wiring short etc). So if your car is still under Warranty and you have multiple bulbs out, bring it in for proper diagnosis and repair. Additionally, just replacing a blown fuse will not likely fix the problem, since fuses do not just overload for no reason. If a fuse blows, there is usually an underlying cause that must be corrected.

If it is not under Warranty, you can try replacing all burnt out bulbs first if you like, and if that does not help then bring it to the Dealer or a shop that specializes in automotive electrical work.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Sounds like you need to replace your rear bulbs.

The rears are a dual filament bulb. When the lights are on, the dimmer of the 2 filaments is lit. When the brakes are applied, or the turn signals are turned on, the brighter of the 2 filaments is lit. Sounds like the brighter filament is bad on both sides. That would explain why the lights stay on after you turn the car off, but the brakes and turn signals won't work.

Under 1 year and 12,000 miles, it's covered under warranty. After that, I'm not sure if it's covered under the BTB warranty ot if it's considered a "wear item".

The backup light on our car is burnedout on the driver's side. I'll be taking it to the dealer for replacement because I noticed moisture in the tailight housing and it's going to need replacement.

Edited by PSUFetch