Cabin Air Filter

Recently bought a certified Lincoln MKX with 19K in miles. I thought they would have change this filter before selling? After a week wife was complaining that it smelled awful when first starting then it would disappear soon after.

check how dirty this filter was. It is a easy change too, save yourself some money.

post-6285-1242100301_thumb.jpg

Recently bought a certified Lincoln MKX with 19K in miles. I thought they would have change this filter before selling? After a week wife was complaining that it smelled awful when first starting then it would disappear soon after.

check how dirty this filter was. It is a easy change too, save yourself some money.

Wow that's a huge difference! Where did you pick up the air filter at? Model number?

• 4 weeks later...

OK, thanks to you all, I've found the cabin air filter on my 2007 MKX , which my maintenance schedule says should be changed every 15k miles. However, th schedule also says to change the " climate controlled seat filter" every 30K miles-definitely different than the cabin air filter. Anyone know where this is?

Also, no where in the schedule does it call for a CHANGE of the fuel filter. Is this just an omission? Is it part of the fuel pump? Otherwise where is it? Thanks

OK, thanks to you all, I've found the cabin air filter on my 2007 MKX , which my maintenance schedule says should be changed every 15k miles. However, th schedule also says to change the " climate controlled seat filter" every 30K miles-definitely different than the cabin air filter. Anyone know where this is?

Also, no where in the schedule does it call for a CHANGE of the fuel filter. Is this just an omission? Is it part of the fuel pump? Otherwise where is it? Thanks

I found the thread that covers all of my questions.

No fuel filter to change on Edge...

Wow that is disgusting, IIRC that filter should be changed at 12K by the dealer, is in the maintenance guide. And there are still several Edge owners that do not beleive the effectiveness of the cabin air filters, just imagine where all this mess would be, if not on the filter...lungs, carpet, dashboard, upholstery, yeak!!!!

Edited by Kanatronic

• 3 months later...
No fuel filter to change on Edge...

Wow that is disgusting, IIRC that filter should be changed at 12K by the dealer, is in the maintenance guide. And there are still several Edge owners that do not beleive the effectiveness of the cabin air filters, just imagine where all this mess would be, if not on the filter...lungs, carpet, dashboard, upholstery, yeak!!!!

Ours has 30K on it and we just picked it up used...'07 MKX. Filter had never been changed and was completely full and black. Picked up 3 filters at a the only local dealer around town that had any in stock and changed ours. Quite an improvement in air flow through the HVAC syetem. At least I have a couple more on hand to change out over the next year. I wish I had taken pics of the old one as it was a disgusting mess! I did make sure to vacuum and wipe out the housing too.

Motorcraft FP-65 is the filter FYI

Edited by klc317