sirius swap

as a long time sirus listener, it pains me to see the single line display. i wanna start using the plug and play radio in the edge. where is the satellite receiver located and can i purchase an adapter to run the plug and play off of the factory antenna?

thanks for any help.

Unless something has changed, like using the usb, they have to take out the radio and wire it from the back. I had one installed on my old truck and it fried the battery and wire harness.

There are a few different screen views available on the radio display. None of them work for you?

try these guys.. http://www.tss-radio.com/

BTW, the module is located in the rear of the Edge. back in the sidewall on the Subwoofer side IIRC.

Lex,

I'd like to put in an Pioneer DVD HU, but want to use the factory installed Sirius antenna on my Edge. I looked at tss radio, but I'm sure if I need a certain adapter. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks :wacko:

have you contacted Pioneer and just ask them?

In the past, I recall either reading here or elsewhere (IIRC) that the factory antenna tip can be different than the HU and that you will need an adaptor. And that there are like 2 types of tips??? That is why I pointed you to TSS as I seem to recall they have adaptors?

igciting, with the plug and play displays on certain models, all of the single line displays on the factory radio are viewable at once. that is why i want to go the the plug and play radio. will also save on subscription. i currently have two fords and a plug and play unit on my account. while i can only listen to one at a time, i am paying for three.

you wont need any adapter all you need to do is pull the plastic off the factory antenna connector and mount the unit in the same spot. The antenna will slip right onto the tuner just use a touch of silicone to keep it in place . then you can use the power from the factory harness as it has power and ground that the new tuner needs. then all you will need to do is run the data cable forward.