Driver Memory Seat

Love my new 08 edge limited. Love it! But having a small issue I'd like to resolve.

I let my wife use my key, and she set up the driver memory seat to fit her on setting 2. Now when I use my remote function key to unlock the vehicle, the seat moves back to the rearmost position possible (not just back a little from where I drive it. When I insert my key, it does not move into the #1 position like I think it is supposed to. How do I reset this to remain in the position it was when I got out, and then to go back into my driving position when I insert my key?

Thanks,

JohnSix54

Love my new 08 edge limited. Love it! But having a small issue I'd like to resolve.

I let my wife use my key, and she set up the driver memory seat to fit her on setting 2. Now when I use my remote function key to unlock the vehicle, the seat moves back to the rearmost position possible (not just back a little from where I drive it. When I insert my key, it does not move into the #1 position like I think it is supposed to. How do I reset this to remain in the position it was when I got out, and then to go back into my driving position when I insert my key?

Thanks,

JohnSix54

Hi John. :D Impossible for us to determine exactly what happened, but most likely your wife accidentally wiped out the settings for your preferences.

Easiest thing to do? Simply take out your Owners Manual and reprogram your seat preferences and keyfob from scratch.

That would be my advice.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks BB,

I think I found the problem. The solution was very easy - read the manual. It basically had me reprogram the position 1 and the FOB together. It took about 6 seconds, piece of cake.

I'll have my wife do hers the same way, and we're both set up ready to go.

Love my edge!

JohnSix54