Help with T connector = trailer wiring

I have a hitch and a T-connector on order from e-trailer.

Are there any tricks to installing the wiring harness/ t-connector? In particular, are there any points in the install that require a wire to be routed from inside the body to outside the bodY? If so, are there any tricks or locations that would make the job easier and safe from creating an opening in the body that could leak?

What is the best route to connect to the Batter? Left side or right side of the frame? Know I need to stay from the heat of the exhaust system.

Hate to ask so many questions - and it may be obvious when I began the install. I just wish to learn from the experience and wisdom of those that have gone before!!!

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Mc

I have a hitch and a T-connector on order from e-trailer.

Are there any tricks to installing the wiring harness/ t-connector? In particular, are there any points in the install that require a wire to be routed from inside the body to outside the bodY? If so, are there any tricks or locations that would make the job easier and safe from creating an opening in the body that could leak?

What is the best route to connect to the Batter? Left side or right side of the frame? Know I need to stay from the heat of the exhaust system.

Hate to ask so many questions - and it may be obvious when I began the install. I just wish to learn from the experience and wisdom of those that have gone before!!!

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Mc

I can't help you with the T connector but I ran my wiring form the battery down the driver'sw side of the vehicle. I ran the wiring down from the battery, near the steering column and then routed it dowl the middle fo the car and folloed some brake lines over to the dirver's side. Then I ran the wire between the heat shield and the body until I got back to the hitch area. There were plenty of places to zip tie the wires to so that they were secure. I also bought flexible wire loom to protect the wires from road debris and rubbing.

Good luck with your installation.