Edge service

Grupet

Hi,

I have a question about service. I went for my 7500 miles service and when i picked up my Edge the sticker in my windscreen said next

service 10500 miles...??? Isn't service every 7500 miles? So should'nt my next service be at 15000 miles?

It's a Limited AWD from 2008, and i lease it.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a question about service. I went for my 7500 miles service and when i picked up my Edge the sticker in my windscreen said next

service 10500 miles...??? Isn't service every 7500 miles? So should'nt my next service be at 15000 miles?

The dealer wants you to come back for a 3,000 mile oil change so that's what they put on the sticker. Ignore it or throw it away. They're just trying to get some extra $$$ out of you.

The dealer wants you to come back for a 3,000 mile oil change so that's what they put on the sticker. Ignore it or throw it away. They're just trying to get some extra $$$ out of you.

Okay, so its not gonna be an issue if i skip the 10500 mile service? I mean its not gonna effect my warranty?

Thanks

Okay, so its not gonna be an issue if i skip the 10500 mile service? I mean its not gonna effect my warranty?

Thanks

Hi Grupet. :D No, as akirby correctly stated, the Dealer is simply trying to get you in sooner by using a 3,000 maintenance schedule (what the maintenance schedule used to be some years ago). For the gullible who do not read their Owner Guides and Maintenance Schedules, they can make a lot more money.

When you Leased your Edge, you were given an Owners Manual, a Maintenance Guide Booklet and a Warranty Guide booklet. Just follow the scheduled maintenance listed in the Maintenance Guide Booklet. That will be 6 months/7,500 miles for "Normal Service" (as you already knew), or 6 months/5,000 miles for "Severe Duty".

"Severe Duty" is considered any vehicle used for towing and other particular driving circumstances. Check the Guide for the specifics.

There are other things that need servicing (tire rotations etc), so be sure to check the Guide to be sure that all scheduled maintenance is performed on time.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530