New (used) Edge Owner ;)

Taylor Daly

Just today picked up a lightly used 2007 Edge SE in Carbon Metallic. Just the simple model with nothing flashy...something hopefully that lasts me quite awhile.

My first Ford!

We really enjoy the ride and styling of the car, and of course a new purchase is always exciting. Opted for an extended warranty just for good measure. Ive always been a foreign car guy...however we really enjoy the vehicle and the specs fit the budget and style-options we wanted in a car. The wife and I both enjoy vehicles, so you gotta have something that you find fun! As with everything out there, the net is filled with good and bad opinions, so trying to take everything with a grain.

Anyway...on to pick up some all season mats and maybe an additional accessory or two. Any great sites out there for accessories?

Thanks!

Just today picked up a lightly used 2007 Edge SE in Carbon Metallic. Just the simple model with nothing flashy...something hopefully that lasts me quite awhile.

My first Ford!

We really enjoy the ride and styling of the car, and of course a new purchase is always exciting. Opted for an extended warranty just for good measure. Ive always been a foreign car guy...however we really enjoy the vehicle and the specs fit the budget and style-options we wanted in a car. The wife and I both enjoy vehicles, so you gotta have something that you find fun! As with everything out there, the net is filled with good and bad opinions, so trying to take everything with a grain.

Anyway...on to pick up some all season mats and maybe an additional accessory or two. Any great sites out there for accessories?

Thanks!

Welcome! no particular site I use, I just google parts and find the best price/quality.

Thanks DJ...found AutoAnything which looks popular and respected. Im checkin out the Hexomat style floor mats. I like the design a bit better than the looks of the WTech or Huskys.

AutoAnything: Hexomat Mats

hexomat_front_mat.jpg

I really love my Huskys. They provide DEEP coverage that the ones pictured do not. They have 2" walls and cover the dead pedal too. Autoanything is a good site.

I've had the Weathertechs in 3 Explorers and bought the black ones for my dark Grey 2009 Limited. I also recomment Autoanything. I'm sure you will enjoy your first Ford, I've had 3 Explorers, 1 Mercury Grand Marquis and 1 Mustang GT, all fine cars and just as good or better than any Japanese car that I've owned. Enjoy--ce

also check JC Whitney. They are always sending me e-mails for 20% off your total bill. Autoanything is usually cheaper unless JC sends a discount. For example, I got my Magnaflow cat back for $540 counting the 20% off. Nobody could even come close to matching.

Edited by hydro

also check JC Whitney. They are always sending me e-mails for 20% off your total bill. Autoanything is usually cheaper unless JC sends a discount. For example, I got my Magnaflow cat back for $540 counting the 20% off. Nobody could even come close to matching.

Talked to JC and they dont sell the fit Weathertechs for the Edge. Whats with the large delays in shipping from everyone on floor mats? Even Autoanything is telling me that the mats possibly wont ship till the 17th. Kind of a downer for an impatient guy like me!

Talked to JC and they dont sell the fit Weathertechs for the Edge. Whats with the large delays in shipping from everyone on floor mats? Even Autoanything is telling me that the mats possibly wont ship till the 17th. Kind of a downer for an impatient guy like me!

Patience Danielson.

Patience Danielson.

Quite true. Im actually back on the prowl for another Edge. I did not end up keeping the one I was looking at as it wasnt the right "fit". Currently back looking at used 08 models. ;) Im definately sold on the Edge...what a fantastic looking and driving vehicle.