Thinking Of Replacing Stock Speakers: ('07 SE) Worth It?

I know this has been discussed some, but I couldnt seem to find any opinions from people who just swapped out the 4 speakers in the SE model. I can live with the stock ones, but they really lack significant clarity, etc. I dont really want to change the stereo...so Im curious if anyone has swapped just the speakers and found it to be a worthwhile investment with a noticeable change.

Many thanks!

I know this has been discussed some, but I couldnt seem to find any opinions from people who just swapped out the 4 speakers in the SE model. I can live with the stock ones, but they really lack significant clarity, etc. I dont really want to change the stereo...so Im curious if anyone has swapped just the speakers and found it to be a worthwhile investment with a noticeable change.

Many thanks!

Hi Taylor. :D While the Edge system is good (for an OEM system), anyone who is discriminating in their listening habits will always be able to hear a noticeable improvement with good quality replacement speakers.

It simply comes down to personal preference. If you are willing to spend the money and the time to replace them yourself, or spend the money to have someone else replace them for you, then you will probably like what you hear.

If your are reasonably handy with tools, it is a simple modification. Excellent aftermarket speakers and wiring harnesses (so there is no cutting/splicing of wires necessary) are readily available. And if you do a site search, there are many previous threads with aftermarket speaker recommendations and even "How-to's" concerning the subject of speaker replacement.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Taylor. :D While the Edge system is good (for an OEM system), anyone who is discriminating in their listening habits will always be able to hear a noticeable improvement with good quality replacement speakers.

It simply comes down to personal preference. If you are willing to spend the money and the time to replace them yourself, or spend the money to have someone else replace them for you, then you will probably like what you hear.

If your are reasonably handy with tools, it is a simple modification. Excellent aftermarket speakers and wiring harnesses (so there is no cutting/splicing of wires necessary) are readily available. And if you do a site search, there are many previous threads with aftermarket speaker recommendations and even "How-to's" concerning the subject of speaker replacement.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Cool ;) Like I said, I had read the few other threads but they seemed to be more about specific speaker suggestions etc. rather than talking about the simple, noticeable difference. I dont consider myself crazy handy or anything...but Ill have to do some reading. Ive been looking at the instruction stuff on Crutchfield this afternoon.

Cool ;) Like I said, I had read the few other threads but they seemed to be more about specific speaker suggestions etc. rather than talking about the simple, noticeable difference. I dont consider myself crazy handy or anything...but Ill have to do some reading. Ive been looking at the instruction stuff on Crutchfield this afternoon.

Hey Taylor,

Crutchfield is where I've got about half of my stereo equipment. You can also call them if you run into a jam. If your comfortable with the install, Ebay maybe a little creaper. There are a lot of large dealers doing business there. I've got quite a bit off of Ebay. beezerk and Lex have given me a ton of info on stereo upgrading in this forum. Good Luck!

Wyt_out

GO PENS!

I just replaced mine with my equipment i had in my 06 explorer. It consists of a kenwood dvd touch screen radio, diamond seperates (front doors), rear speaks i left stock. 2 -12" woofers, 4-channel amp to run the fronts and subs. .

I fit 2-12" woofers in without any large box. If you look in form the outside you cant even tell its in there. I took out the plastic cargo carrier around the spare, and built 2 custom fiberglass boxes that form around the spare tire. I have a hinged flip cover to get the spare out. the amp is mounted to the bottom of this cover. This is what is called a "false floor" So basically i lifted the height of the floor 2" to make all this happen.

It is also built to have item placed on it. I have had over 300lbs of lugauge on it.

• 1 month later...
I just replaced mine with my equipment i had in my 06 explorer. It consists of a kenwood dvd touch screen radio, diamond seperates (front doors), rear speaks i left stock. 2 -12" woofers, 4-channel amp to run the fronts and subs. .

I fit 2-12" woofers in without any large box. If you look in form the outside you cant even tell its in there. I took out the plastic cargo carrier around the spare, and built 2 custom fiberglass boxes that form around the spare tire. I have a hinged flip cover to get the spare out. the amp is mounted to the bottom of this cover. This is what is called a "false floor" So basically i lifted the height of the floor 2" to make all this happen.

It is also built to have item placed on it. I have had over 300lbs of lugauge on it.

Baum, please port pictures of your sub install, we would love to see it. The more pics the better