New (Unsuspecting) Edge Lover!

cyndismith

:shades: I had no idea how much I would love the Ford Edge. I previously drove an Expedition (loved it), but in our area that truck is just too big. Really, as a gadget geek, it would be hard to make me happier... the Sirius satellite radio, GPS Navigation, and "entertainment system" alone is enough to keep me busy for a while.

To tell the truth, I never even thought of an Edge before. I'd seen the commercials, but the small SUV never really jumped out and bit me. At the dealership, standing next to my husband with my arms folded across my chest, I was skeptical. Ford is pushing them hard, and that was my first obstacle. But after driving it and playing with the giant sun roof, my doubt melted away. it's going to be PERFECT for my family! Granted, I can't load 8 people in comfortably, but I can count the times I did that in my Expedition on three fingers.

It has all the luxury I've come to expect from a higher-end model, and the transition to the new vehicle has only had ONE little unsuspected side-effect: fewer stops at the gas station. Wow!

My husband isn't very happy with the huge, shiny chrome wheels (keeps saying they're "ghetto", but I don't think he understands the term), and I've found out that the gray color seems to show me EVERY speck of dust that clings to my brand new rolling gadget. Otherwise, I just can't wait to get back in my teensy little SUV.

:happy feet: Way to go, Ford!

:shades: I had no idea how much I would love the Ford Edge. I previously drove an Expedition (loved it), but in our area that truck is just too big. Really, as a gadget geek, it would be hard to make me happier... the Sirius satellite radio, GPS Navigation, and "entertainment system" alone is enough to keep me busy for a while.

To tell the truth, I never even thought of an Edge before. I'd seen the commercials, but the small SUV never really jumped out and bit me. At the dealership, standing next to my husband with my arms folded across my chest, I was skeptical. Ford is pushing them hard, and that was my first obstacle. But after driving it and playing with the giant sun roof, my doubt melted away. it's going to be PERFECT for my family! Granted, I can't load 8 people in comfortably, but I can count the times I did that in my Expedition on three fingers.

It has all the luxury I've come to expect from a higher-end model, and the transition to the new vehicle has only had ONE little unsuspected side-effect: fewer stops at the gas station. Wow!

My husband isn't very happy with the huge, shiny chrome wheels (keeps saying they're "ghetto", but I don't think he understands the term), and I've found out that the gray color seems to show me EVERY speck of dust that clings to my brand new rolling gadget. Otherwise, I just can't wait to get back in my teensy little SUV.

:happy feet: Way to go, Ford!

Congrats,

The wife & I like ours also.

got rid of our 8 passenger tahoe, and only miss it when the kids (3 of them) need to bring friends along. (which is good for me:)) i still like our EDGE even after 15 months, i usually get bored w/ new cars after about 6 months but this one's nice everytime (she) let's me drive it. gotta say after nearly a year of owning my 08 hyundai accent 3dr (still like it too) my commuter car.