First post - Most satisfying mod

Hi, my name is Norm. I live in Montréal. I'm French Canadian, so please be kind enough to forgive my poor knowledge of the English language. I own a 2008 all black Edge Limited. I have it since October 2007. I've been a member of this site and a regular reader of most of your post since then but never posted myself.

I've always been modifying my cars, but have to admit that you guys are really ingenious with it. So I adopted some of your ideas and trough in a few of mine.

Interior lighting has always been my main concern with the Edge. Like most of you, I’m trying to add what should have been found as standard equipment. I have to admit, I personally find green interior lighting to be the best color of all. Especially with an all black interior. I know some of you prefer Blue. I guess it is just personal taste.

The most satisfying mod I did, is getting the BARM controls to be seen at night. Thanks to Lex, great description, great research, big help.

Norm

post-2087-1249349243_thumb.gif

post-2087-1249349497_thumb.jpg

Hi, my name is Norm. I live in Montréal. I'm French Canadian, so please be kind enough to forgive my poor knowledge of the English language. I own a 2008 all black Edge Limited. I have it since October 2007. I've been a member of this site and a regular reader of most of your post since then but never posted myself.

I've always been modifying my cars, but have to admit that you guys are really ingenious with it. So I adopted some of your ideas and trough in a few of mine.

Interior lighting has always been my main concern with the Edge. Like most of you, I’m trying to add what should have been found as standard equipment. I have to admit, I personally find green interior lighting to be the best color of all. Especially with an all black interior. I know some of you prefer Blue. I guess it is just personal taste.

The most satisfying mod I did, is getting the BARM controls to be seen at night. Thanks to Lex, great description, great research, big help.

Norm

I have a 2009 the switch is a little different I was thinking about hooking up power to the switch but I was not sure if the leds were in the newer ones and how much that would distract you at night ?

Great job on your mod , How long did it take you ?

I have a 2009 the switch is a little different I was thinking about hooking up power to the switch but I was not sure if the leds were in the newer ones and how much that would distract you at night ?

Great job on your mod , How long did it take you ?

It took me about 1 hour.

I also notice how the switches are different on the 09. They are more of the windows swtch style. I don't know if the same mod can be done with those.

Norm

Norm

yes, I have to agree, it is a small mod, but one of the more useful. you will use it nearly every night and now that I have it, I cannot imagine not having it.