Found on page 246 of owner manual but not working

As found on page 246:

"The RSS detects obstacles up to six feet (two meters) from the rear bumper with a decreased coverage area at the outer corners of the bumper, (refer to the figures for approximate zone coverage areas). As you move closer to the obstacle, the rate of the tone increases. When the obstacle is less than 10 inches (25.0 cm) away, the tone will sound continuously. If the RSS detects a stationary or receding object further than 10 inches (25.0 cm) from the side of the vehicle, the tone will sound for only three seconds. Once the system detects an object approaching, the tone will sound again.

While receiving a warning the radio volume will be reduced to a predetermined level. After the warning goes away, the radio will return to the previous value.

Mine is not! (Ford OEM 6CD Audiophile), Radio stays as loud as I've set it. How is yours?

Norm

As found on page 246:

"The RSS detects obstacles up to six feet (two meters) from the rear bumper with a decreased coverage area at the outer corners of the bumper, (refer to the figures for approximate zone coverage areas). As you move closer to the obstacle, the rate of the tone increases. When the obstacle is less than 10 inches (25.0 cm) away, the tone will sound continuously. If the RSS detects a stationary or receding object further than 10 inches (25.0 cm) from the side of the vehicle, the tone will sound for only three seconds. Once the system detects an object approaching, the tone will sound again.

While receiving a warning the radio volume will be reduced to a predetermined level. After the warning goes away, the radio will return to the previous value.

Mine is not! (Ford OEM 6CD Audiophile), Radio stays as loud as I've set it. How is yours?

Norm

In our Edge the volume does decrease. It's almost like the front speakers sotp playing music and play the warning because you can still hear the music. It's similar to when the Nav gives you voice prompts.

Mine seems to do same thing as well. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'll have to pay more attention to this and see exactly when it happens and let you know. I'll test it out today and report back tomorrow with my findings.

Edited by j_hack

I checked mine today. Set the volume for so many bars and backed out of the garage. My backup always beeps because I have a little one car garage and it picks up the garage door rails or something. Anyway, the volume went down while it beeped and went back to the set volume when the beeping stopped.

I wonder if the volume level is adjustable? I would like the radio to "MUTE" if possible as I keep the volume low to begin with

I would say no "mute" since we have no mute function per se - just turn volume all the way down is our mute - so I would suspect you could not achieve prepare setting so that every time it 'muted' the stereo - turning volume all the way down - rather than just turning volume down a few notches.

When the volume goes down it is VERY low and the beeping quite loud.

Does yours beep at all, can you hear it over the radio?

Thanks for all your reply.

Tested it again today and definitely the volume does not mute nor does it goes down.

I can still hear the BIP BIP if radio volume is not set to loud.

The BIP seams to be comming from the rear, on the left side. But don't know the exact location of it. Not comming from the speakers.

There must be a connection (Wire) beteween the BIP device (RSS) and the radio.

I'll report it as defective on my next visit to the dealer.

Thanks again

Norm

Thanks for all your reply.

Tested it again today and definitely the volume does not mute nor does it goes down.

I can still hear the BIP BIP if radio volume is not set to loud.

The BIP seams to be comming from the rear, on the left side. But don't know the exact location of it. Not comming from the speakers.

There must be a connection (Wire) beteween the BIP device (RSS) and the radio.

I'll report it as defective on my next visit to the dealer.

Thanks again

Norm

I think this was the case with the early models - they weren't integrated with the stereo. Sounds like they fixed it at some point.