Air Bag suspension on a new 10' Edge

Hello all...I recently bought a 10' Edge, Tri-Coat White Limited. I am a paraplegic and for the past 6 years I drove a 2 door coupe. It was great for me since the door opened wide and the car was low so I could get in the car, take apart my wheelchair and put it in the backseat and then drive. I grew up driving a Truck or SUV so I always wanted to go back to my roots. After alot of phone calls and tons of research, I decided to do this...

1.Buy a crossover SUV

2.Install hand controls

3.Exchange the stock suspension with an air bag suspension

A company about an hour north of me is doing it. They have done it before on about 10 other cars/trucks. When they are finished I will be able to lower the car almost all the way to the ground, get in w/ my wheelchair, then press a button and it will go back up and look no different then it does stock. I am really fired up about tall this. Right now my hand controls are getting put in and the suspension goes in next week.

Has anyone had experiences with air bag suspensions? I love how my Edge looks and acts...and can't wait till the mods are done. This will be my first car with all the bells and whistles and I love them. Auto seats, SYNC, bluetooth, auto liftgate, 2 tone leather, BAMR(love that!), and ipod attachment.

As soon as it is all done I will post a video and pictures.

Hello all...I recently bought a 10' Edge, Tri-Coat White Limited. I am a paraplegic and for the past 6 years I drove a 2 door coupe. It was great for me since the door opened wide and the car was low so I could get in the car, take apart my wheelchair and put it in the backseat and then drive. I grew up driving a Truck or SUV so I always wanted to go back to my roots. After alot of phone calls and tons of research, I decided to do this...

1.Buy a crossover SUV

2.Install hand controls

3.Exchange the stock suspension with an air bag suspension

A company about an hour north of me is doing it. They have done it before on about 10 other cars/trucks. When they are finished I will be able to lower the car almost all the way to the ground, get in w/ my wheelchair, then press a button and it will go back up and look no different then it does stock. I am really fired up about tall this. Right now my hand controls are getting put in and the suspension goes in next week.

Has anyone had experiences with air bag suspensions? I love how my Edge looks and acts...and can't wait till the mods are done. This will be my first car with all the bells and whistles and I love them. Auto seats, SYNC, bluetooth, auto liftgate, 2 tone leather, BAMR(love that!), and ipod attachment.

As soon as it is all done I will post a video and pictures.

Congrats on the new Egde. My Wife and I bought a Tri Coat white Limited earlier this year and we love it. It will be interesting to see what the Edge looks like when it's lowered that much.

That is great that they can modify the vehicle you want to drive into one you can drive. I love my Edge, I think everyone here does. Besides the shiny parts my favorite feature is the auto lift tailgate. LOVE IT! They are a very striking vehicle. I cleaned mine up on Sunday all shiny and yesterday while driving to work I got a wink and a nod from a bike rider. :shades:

Enjoy, looking forward to the pics.