'07 Mecury Mariner to '07 Lincoln MKX

klc317

Heres our new to us '07 MKX. Had it since last Wednsday. I spent alot of time yesterday detailing and cleaning on it and it turned out great! Nothing special, just FWD, no Vistaroof or NAV but it does have the rear seat entertainment system. I joined this forum recently and have enjoyed cruising around reading. I will be lurking mainly in the audio/electronics/nav section as thats probably the first thing that will get modded on this car.

Here are pics:

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0219-1.jpg

DSC_0200-1.jpg

Edited by klc317

Heres our new to us '07 MKX. Had it since last Wednsday. I spent alot of time yesterday detailing and cleaning on it and it turned out great! Nothing special, just FWD, no Vistaroof or NAV but it does have the rear seat entertainment system. I joined this forum recently and have enjoyed cruising around reading. I will be lurking mainly in the audio/electronics/nav section as thats probably the first thing that will get modded on this car.

Here are pics:

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0219-1.jpg

DSC_0200-1.jpg

Looks very nice, congratulation....

Looks very nice, congratulation....

Thanks. The dealer had just got it on off a 2 year lease and had not had a chance to even clean it yet. I can do a much better job than they would have done anyway so I just did it myself. The previous owners had kids so underneath the back seat was kind of a mess, found all kinds of junk and crumbs. I did get the dealer to throw in a free oil and transmission fluid change. Early for the trans fluid I know but I wanted to start it off fresh.

BTW, in case anyone is interested I used a clay bar and 2 coats of Meguires NXT on the car all with microfiber stuff. Also a garden spayer loaded with 25/75 Simple Green/Water really got all the nastiness out from underneath on the undercarriage and engine compartment. I do alot of auto detailing in my garage over the summer months for other people kinda as a "weekend" side job so if anyone has any questions hopefully I can be of some use here on the forums. As far as I could tell this car had never been waxed, especially the wheels, and the leather had never been treated. The carpet was not exactly looking the best either but now looks great. Took alot of work but worth the effort.

Edited by klc317