Fuel Pump Problems

On The Edge of Insanity

My 08 Edge with 29,000 miles needs a new fuel pump and tank according to Ford. The dealer says that something was poured into the tank. Not covered under warrenty of course. Im finding it hard to believe that someone commited a random act of vandalism against my Edge. We are very careful about where we park.

Anyone else have fuel pump issues?

only fuel pump issues I have read here are whining noise on some fuel pumps motors.

you should ask what this "something" is and how they determined it. And, how did this something only damage the tank and pump, but not fuel lines and engine. Tell them that if they have to do this, you expect to see the fuel filter also, which will be in the tank. Whatever it is that can damage the tank and pump to the point of removal should also be seen in the filter... and be all inside the fuel lines and affected the engine I would say.

My 08 Edge with 29,000 miles needs a new fuel pump and tank according to Ford. The dealer says that something was poured into the tank. Not covered under warrenty of course. Im finding it hard to believe that someone commited a random act of vandalism against my Edge. We are very careful about where we park.

Anyone else have fuel pump issues?

Just curious, but what was the concern you brought it in to the dealership for?

That is what happened to my old truck in December. I was pulling into a parking lot and it died. Fuel pumps don't break down slowly. In hindsight I had just an inkling of warning earlier in the trip, a hesitation that startled me but did not concern me, truck was 8 years old. It did all kinds of interesting things.

I have to agree that if someone put something in there it would have taken out more than the fuel pump. I would argue that.