Ford Edge 2008 Limited-Driver door lock/catch mechanism

manny

Does anybody experience closing the driver door with the lock/catch mechanism is being in the locked position?It happened to me twice. The first instant was, after removing the key from the key hole and got out of the car, and close it as normal. But, was surprised with the big, unusual noise, door was not closed. Pull back the door again, close it but not closing,close it again with little force and there it goes, door was closed. It happened again on the second occasion, big noise or bang, this time, before I close it again, I examined the door lock mechanism and found the lock mechanism is in the locked position. I noticed it because I had checked the passenger door how it looks like when it is in the open position. So, I go back to the driver door and close it with little force to unlock/lock the catch mechanism and there is goes, door was closed. Anybody knows what exactly wrong with the door mechanism/system? On Saturday 26Sept.'09, my car will be due for 15,00Km maintenance check. And, I will report this matter to them, why the door lock/catch mechanism is kept lock when you open the door.

Edited by manny

have them check it of course

but, I would lube the catch mechanism - then operate it like 10 times with the key FOB (and your finger if needed) and watch it lock/unlock to see if that helps.

Good morning Lex, and thanks for your advise. Tomorrow my ford will be scheduled for the 15K maintenance check. I'll inform to them what had happened on my car. I did used my finger in pushing it back to unlock the catch and close the door. Also, this car have some unusual noise during slow turn on left like "clung". It doesn't happen on normal cruise speed. But, last night while on the forum, some owner experiencing the same sound/noise. They even mention about TSB 07-11-14, but I don't read the full context of the TSB. You about this TSB?

Regards,

manny

Good morning Lex, and thanks for your advise. Tomorrow my ford will be scheduled for the 15K maintenance check. I'll inform to them what had happened on my car. I did used my finger in pushing it back to unlock the catch and close the door. Also, this car have some unusual noise during slow turn on left like "clung". It doesn't happen on normal cruise speed. But, last night while on the forum, some owner experiencing the same sound/noise. They even mention about TSB 07-11-14, but I don't read the full context of the TSB. You about this TSB?

Regards,

manny