How to remove shifter??

I bought a new console top piece for my gf's car. previous owner put some nice scratches in it. it looks simple eough. all clips on the bottom just pop in. but the shifter has to be removed first to get it off. any idea's?

and could I have used an 09 console piece with the light up cupholders in in on here '08?

You do not have to remove the shifter, open center console lid and pull up panel from there, pry up as you move forward to center stack and with a little manovering the part will come off (slides over shifter - may help if you have shifter in the N position).

To get illuminated cup holders you will also need a ambient lighting module - not worth it in my view.

You do not have to remove the shifter, open center console lid and pull up panel from there, pry up as you move forward to center stack and with a little manovering the part will come off (slides over shifter - may help if you have shifter in the N position).

To get illuminated cup holders you will also need a ambient lighting module - not worth it in my view.

slips over it???? how?

how do you get the shifter bezel over the leather on the handle??

32657511-2-440-SS07.jpg

Only the outer black portion comes off (should be part of the new parts you got or can be removed from the old part).

The PRNDL section is part of the shifter assy and stay with the shifter.

Try pulling it off as I suggested and it's very obvious how it comes apart.

ohhhhh....gotvcha....thanks a bunch...Ill deff take a stab at it now!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a post on adding light to cup holders & light for center console compartment. U can find it at "Audio, Navigation, SYNC & Interior>Cup Holder Illumination & Center Console Compartment Light, Both for < $15.00"

Edited by dadrett