Ordered new tires

Just ordered a set of new tires from Tire Rack for the '07 MKX to replace the worn Continentals that only lasted 30K miles. Not very impressed with the Contis as they are already down to the wear bars and are quite noisy and really need to be replaced before any snow starts flying as it is the wifes daily driver. Have done lots of reading and comparisons and narrowed the choice down to the Michelin Latitude Tours for the vehicle. Plus they currently have a $70 mail in rebate on a set of four. Obviously Tire Rack had the best price and I have been happy with their service from previous purchases. Done some other mechanical stuff to the vehicle since we bought it last month too:

Changed oil to Mobil 1 Synthetic and a Motorcraft filter. Found a case of the filters on Ebay.

Changed engine air & cabin air filters. The FP-65 cabin filter was horribly filthy and had obviously never been changed. I didn't go with K&N this time for the engine filter, figured I'd just stick with a paper filter.

Got the trans fluid fushed at the dealer, they threw that in at my request for free. Kinda early to do it but I feel better that way.

Might be weird, but about once a year I use a suction pump to siphon out the PS fluid resivior and replace it with fresh fluid. Mercon V of course.

Also had the dealer replace the gasket under the rear spoiler and replace a saggy third brake light gasket. Not sure if this is a common problem but it was done for free under warranty.

Got the the front side windows tinted to match the rear windows...looks much better and was done at a great place down the street.

Switched out all the headlight, high beam, and fogs to Silverstar bulbs. I've used them for so long the yellowish factory bulbs look like crap to me.

This is the first time in quite a while we have purchased a used vehicle so I go kinda nuts getting things the way I want them. Drives the wife nuts sometimes...lol!

Edited by klc317

Sounds good. I would highly recommend going with an HID light kit for your headlights. Check out www.retrosolutions.com I have the 55W kit in 5,000K with the slim ballasts. Best mod I have done.

I thought about that but I'm kindof leery about the aftermarket HID kits. I need to some reading on it but I remember a few years ago hearing of horror stories. I also wonder if it will be an issue with our MKX since it has the adaptive headlights. Not sure how the HIDs mount, etc.

Here they are installed. Tire Rack is great, second time I've used them and have been very satisfied. Sent the tires directly to the tire store down the street, installation already paid for through Tire Rack. Just made an appt, drove in, put em on, and on my way. Only driven about 5 miles so no good or bad reviews yet but they sure have a ton more tread than the worn Contis that were on there before. Wish I had taken a pic of just how worn they looked. The tire, installation, and shipping costs combined from Tire Rack was about $200 cheaper than the best price I could find at any local tire store.

mkx2.jpg

mkx3.jpg

Really crappy rainy day equals boring pics but this pic also shows the new tint on the front door windows, looks better:

mkx1.jpg