Puddle lamp lens removal

Might be a dumb question but I searched and could not find an answer. I was giving the MKX a final clay and wax today before winter hits and noticed that the puddle lamps (under the exterior mirrors) were kind condensated and dirty inside. Was wanting to remove the lenses to clean in there but can only get the one side clip loose with a small flathead screwdriver. The other side doesn't seem to want to come loose and I didn't want to twist and pull for fear of breaking the lens. Is there some sort of stupid trick for popping these out? Thanks.

no trick. your on the right path. a small flat head screw driver, push tab and pull that side out and down and they should easily come out. pulled mine half a dozen times when I was doing the first LED puddle lamp conversion.

BUT, they are sealed units, so you cannot open them and clean them. if you search here and read, several of us have opened them up and changed the bulbs, but that requires an exacto knife or dremel tool to separate the lens from the lamp body as it is a sealed unit. Condensation seems possible, dirty? that seems odd

I agree with Lex. If you have dirt in your lamps the unit must be broken. The lens is sealed to the body of the lamp and takes some work to separate with the tools of your choice. If the unit is broken maybe you can separate them, clean them up and re-seal with some epoxy. As Lex stated once you have the clip side of the lamp down a bit just pull and the unit will come right out. The wiring is attached with 1/4 inch quick-disconnects for removal/replacement.

I agree with Lex. If you have dirt in your lamps the unit must be broken. The lens is sealed to the body of the lamp and takes some work to separate with the tools of your choice. If the unit is broken maybe you can separate them, clean them up and re-seal with some epoxy. As Lex stated once you have the clip side of the lamp down a bit just pull and the unit will come right out. The wiring is attached with 1/4 inch quick-disconnects for removal/replacement.

I guess they're not dirty, just a little condensation. Thanks for the help! I'll try it again today.