thinking of buying edge, few questions

95f150

Hey fellas,

Im in the market for a crossover/suv. The edge has really caught our eye. Looking into one that is AWD as living in northern alberta winters is always fun, lol. Our dealers here dont have any left so i never got to sit inside one or take one for a drive. Been looking at new and used. I think i may have found a decent deal on a used 07. Belive it is a SEL model. AWD, fabric seats that are heated.

One question i have is for anyone here with a young family. We have 2 girls. (1 years and 3 years old) both in car seats. Just wondering how much room is in the back for 2 car seats? Anyone doing this have to move the front seats up so your knees are jammed into the dash? If so then the edge is out of the question. I have an 07 dodge ram 2500 quad cab and its horrible for putting car seats in the back (very tight) and rear seats do not recline. Do the 60/40 split seats in back of edge recline at all? Thinking about going for a 4 hour drive to look at a used one but if theres no room for car seats then guess thats out of question. Thanks, Rob

I have 3 girls.....1 year old, 7 , and 10. There is no problem whatsoever fitting two carseats in the back . I have my drivers seat all the way in the back position and the rear seat room is still good. I am sure you will have no problems with space. These are great cars.......just don't buy any HID kits for them ........they will not work.

i have yet to hear the kids yell at me to move the seat up. i traded a 02 tahoe off for the edge and there was very little difference in the width. of course we do miss that 3rd row seat now. the kids love that the rear seats recline, definatel plus for longer trips.

interior is VERY nice.

Lots of kid room :happy feet: .

We haul our 3 and 4 yr old grand kids.

The 4 yr old can kick the back of the seat (she has learned that it really hurts :rolleyes: when she does it).

She really has to scoot down and stretch to do it.

ab

See if you can find 09 or 08, the PTU problem is a ticking bomb on 07s......

Ok after a google search on edge ptu it seems to be a problem in all edge's? and a big problem from what i have been reading.

Just be aware that customers that are happy with few or no problems tend to be quietly happy.

SOME customers that are unhappy tend to be very VOCAL about their unhappiness.

I believe we have one of those unhappy customers on the Ford Edge Forum RIGHT NOW.

I made a call today to citi master :censored: card opting out of their offer to raise my interest rate to 22.99% :hysterical: .

I’ve been a GOOD customer (I don’t carry a balance for the past few yrs, but have paid a lot of interest in the past) for 42 YEARS.

Never late UNLESS THEY don’t send me a bill, twice this yr.

Etc. etc.

Get my point?

ab

Note:

We are EXTREMLY HAPPY with our HID headlights from retroSolutions

Edited by ablb

Hello,

We have two boys(4 & 7) and they have no space concerns in the back seat. I am 6'2 and have the seat completely back and my 7yr old who is very tall for his age does not even come close to hitting the back seats. More than enough room. We have even had three car seats back there will no problems. We do have the rear seat entertainment package which i highly recommend!! Good luck and you will be not regret it if you buy a EDGE, best choice we ever made.

Thanks

Jeremy

Hello,

We have two boys(4 & 7) and they have no space concerns in the back seat. I am 6'2 and have the seat completely back and my 7yr old who is very tall for his age does not even come close to hitting the back seats. More than enough room. We have even had three car seats back there will no problems. We do have the rear seat entertainment package which i highly recommend!! Good luck and you will be not regret it if you buy a EDGE, best choice we ever made.

Thanks

Jeremy

PTU is strictly 07, 08 problem. Are there any 09 or 10 owners with PTU seals problem, please come forward if there are any...??