AFTERMARKET REVERSE PARK AID SYSTEMS

Has anybody installed an aftermarket reverse park aid system and if so which company did you you go with?

There are a bunch of them out there; just trying to figure out which system is the most reliabe and easy to install.

Back in '04, I installed a system on my Toyota Sienna. For the price, which was around 80 bucks, it worked fairly well. It consisted of a 12" bar that had the sensor in it and mounted in whatever convenient spot on the rear that you had. I used the tailgate just below the licnse plate because that eliminated having to run wires down to the bumper. I mounted the speaker for it on the inside top of the tailgate. That was a strain on my old deaf ears and probably should have taken the time to run the wires forward. It only had about a 5-6ft range.

The power for it was the back-up lights which were in the tailgate. If I had it to do all over again, I would go with one of the inexpensive wireless reverse cameras, and there's plenty of room on the Edge dash for that.

I don't remember the brand, but there are several available. It just matters as to how much work you want to do to install the thing.

My 2cents worth--- :stats:

Edited by flyerjmr33

Has anybody installed an aftermarket reverse park aid system and if so which company did you you go with?

There are a bunch of them out there; just trying to figure out which system is the most reliabe and easy to install.

I went with the Bully Dog Basic System

http://www.reversebackingsystems.com/Produ...productid=DT104

I had no issues ordering from them. I installed it myself. I just wanted a basic "beep-beep"

If you remove the rear bumper cover, the factory locations are marked from behind.

I drilled a very small pilot hole at the center and re-assmbled the bumper.

After, I taped the area and used the supplied hole bit and finished the install. (total about 2 hrs)

Final product looks factory installed. I have dark ink metallic so you cannot notice the black sensors too much.

I also installed another set (unpainted) on a Silver Grand Marquis and panted them with silver metalic and the work and look OEM.

(The unpainted ones have a black ring with an unpainted metal center. I used lightcoat of primer and a light coat of paint.)