Newbie with Old Cars and New Edge

TerryTwoUtes

Hi to all, my name is Terry, and found this forum because I just bought a 2008 Edge Limited AWD. It is really for my wife to drive, but will also be our nicer car for running around. Recently moved from San Francisco bay area to New Mexico as i took an off-site assignment for work. We live in the east mountains from Albuquerque, about 7200 ft, so the need for AWD. My wife's old daily driver is 97 Expedition 4x4 and it is going to be my bad weather driver.

I typically mess with older cars, my screen name is because I have two Utility Coupes, or Utes for short. These are Australian models.

1937 Ford, all steel, just a basic hot rod, this is my daily driver when the weather is OK. 289/C4/9-inch, 4-inch dropped axle, disc brakes.

DSCF2038.jpg

This is my other Ute, a 37 Chevy. This one is all original for now, but destined for a hot rod makeover.

Ship2.jpg

Here is my 49 Ford COE. Has many modifications, 74 GM 1-ton chassis with airbags, chopped top 4 inches, Chevy 350/Turbo 400. It was my daily driver back in CA when i only had to drive about 6 miles to work. Now it is about 23 so the big truck is not so cost effective and I switched to drive the 37 Ford Ute now. The COE has been all over many road trips, Bonneville speedweek 3 times, and more.

RearFenders5.jpg

So enough of my old car stuff, looking forward to learning more about my new used Edge and benefiting from the knowledge here on the forum. No pics of my Edge, I still haven't found my digital camera since moving about 1 month ago. Plus I just got it, no chance for pics yet. It is black with black interior, has just about every option except nav and DVD that I can tell. Including the crappy 20-inch chrome clad wheels :banghead: I bought it used and no original paperwork. Is there anyone on the forum that can run my VIN and tell me exactly what options it has? Or doesn't have? Thanks in advance for the help, Terry

Wow you have some cool toys!! I have never seen any older Utes like those, Australia has some cool newer vehicles but those old ones are very nice. The COE is very neat, there is one in my area that they have been working on, they installed a mid engine and made a custom flat bed/tow body but yours is the only other one I have seen.

I am not much help on the vin but you should be able to have a Ford dealer (parts department) run the vin and list out the options.

Hi to all, my name is Terry, and found this forum because I just bought a 2008 Edge Limited AWD. It is really for my wife to drive, but will also be our nicer car for running around. Recently moved from San Francisco bay area to New Mexico as i took an off-site assignment for work. We live in the east mountains from Albuquerque, about 7200 ft, so the need for AWD. My wife's old daily driver is 97 Expedition 4x4 and it is going to be my bad weather driver.

I typically mess with older cars, my screen name is because I have two Utility Coupes, or Utes for short. These are Australian models.

1937 Ford, all steel, just a basic hot rod, this is my daily driver when the weather is OK. 289/C4/9-inch, 4-inch dropped axle, disc brakes.

DSCF2038.jpg

This is my other Ute, a 37 Chevy. This one is all original for now, but destined for a hot rod makeover.

Ship2.jpg

Here is my 49 Ford COE. Has many modifications, 74 GM 1-ton chassis with airbags, chopped top 4 inches, Chevy 350/Turbo 400. It was my daily driver back in CA when i only had to drive about 6 miles to work. Now it is about 23 so the big truck is not so cost effective and I switched to drive the 37 Ford Ute now. The COE has been all over many road trips, Bonneville speedweek 3 times, and more.

RearFenders5.jpg

So enough of my old car stuff, looking forward to learning more about my new used Edge and benefiting from the knowledge here on the forum. No pics of my Edge, I still haven't found my digital camera since moving about 1 month ago. Plus I just got it, no chance for pics yet. It is black with black interior, has just about every option except nav and DVD that I can tell. Including the crappy 20-inch chrome clad wheels :banghead: I bought it used and no original paperwork. Is there anyone on the forum that can run my VIN and tell me exactly what options it has? Or doesn't have? Thanks in advance for the help, Terry

try this ,I found it on the forum https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp

Wow you have some cool toys!! I have never seen any older Utes like those, Australia has some cool newer vehicles but those old ones are very nice. The COE is very neat, there is one in my area that they have been working on, they installed a mid engine and made a custom flat bed/tow body but yours is the only other one I have seen.

I am not much help on the vin but you should be able to have a Ford dealer (parts department) run the vin and list out the options.

Beautiful rides. I like the COE (Cab Over Engine). At least that is what people like me in the trucking industry call them. Any plans of putting a body on it??

Everyone likes my COE (yes, that is short for cab over engine), and the way I have it built is more as a hot rod truck, than a typical car hauler, so it is more unique. My engine is in the front, and has a big cover like a van inside the cab. Not the greatest, and it is a real PITA to work on. The flatbed is as much body as it is getting for now at least, maybe add some side skirts to cover those beautiful gas tanks on either side at a leter date. :finger: