Aftermarket Horns, anybody?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

http://www.rallyarmor.com/product_info.php/accessories-hella-supertones-p-159?osCsid=e6f545d5101ea202e6f7849cc78dbd33

Anyone actually replace factory horns yet? This post is years old and no actual response regarding location of horns, and replacing. I purchased Hella horns, looked into the engine bay and found the factory horns on the passenger side inside the front fender just behind the headlight cluster. It appears that the coolant and windshield reservoirs would need to be removed, and the headlight cluster. This is on a 2013 Sport with the 3.7L motor.

Wondering if anyone actually has done a horn replacement and how hard it is to get back there to get at the horns.

Thanks,

Barry

• 3 weeks later...

Go to ebay and search "Cadillac 4 note horn". They are all over. That's the one you want as these horns came on a multitude of Caddys. Don't know any specific model or part #. They'll be on ebay though. Make sure the seller is including the plugs with wires to go with them.

I also checked to see what they were rated at. Looked at the fuse box diagram for a Dorado online and found the fuse for the horns is 15 amps. Edge has a 20 amp horn fuse so its perfect! No relay needed. OEM wires should handle it. Mines been on for a few weeks and all good.

• Like 1

post-24806-0-49926600-1384032617_thumb.jpg

No. The stock bracket has two spots for horns. I picked up some steel with holes in it @ home depot.

post-24806-0-07274200-1384032535_thumb.jpg
Then attached the horns to that strip of steel and attached the whole thing to the OEM bracket. Then put back in OEM location. Pretty cut and dry. Just be prepared to do a lot of trial and error getting the horns in the right positions so they don't interfere with the wiper fluid bottle. Didn't take too long. Like 20 mins of putting it in and taking it out and repositioning the horns. No biggie.
I will be moving them to behind the grill tho in the future. Prolly sound better up front like that too. When it warms up outside cuz its friggin cold.
I used a 9006 light bulb plug to mate them together. Cut the Ford horn connector and soldered in a female 9006 plug. Connected all the wires on the horn side and soldered in a male 9006 plug. Heatshrink tubed for looks.

Go to ebay and search "Cadillac 4 note horn". They are all over. That's the one you want as these horns came on a multitude of Caddys. Don't know any specific model or part #. They'll be on ebay though. Make sure the seller is including the plugs with wires to go with them.

I also checked to see what they were rated at. Looked at the fuse box diagram for a Dorado online and found the fuse for the horns is 15 amps. Edge has a 20 amp horn fuse so its perfect! No relay needed. OEM wires should handle it. Mines been on for a few weeks and all good.

And are you sure they are louder than the stock ones????