Factory Sirius Sat Tuner P/N 2007

Just wondering if someone with an '07 MKX or Edge can go get the numbers off their factory Sirius tuner and tell me where it is located in the vehicle. Thank you!

Remove the back scuff plate around the trunk latch by pulling up ur S/N will be on left side on silver box that the sat module.

Remove the back scuff plate around the trunk latch by pulling up ur S/N will be on left side on silver box that the sat module.

I don't have Sirius in the MKX. I am looking for someone who does so I can get the correct tuner. Thanks for the location though. I wasn't sure exactly where the factory mounted unit would be.

Edited by klc317

Can anyone snap a pic for me of the bracket and which orientation the unit is mounted? It would be much appreciated.

The reason I am asking is that I was thinking of going the whole hog and putting in a Pioneer Nav unit and all but we decided that we can't really justify the cost. We decided that Sirius was more important than all the rest. I do miss having it. I can get the Sirius tuner and such from a wrecked Edge or MKX at the well-stocked local salvage yard for very little cost. Obviously the wiring and antenna also.

Edited by klc317

Take a look on getting the aftermarket modules that you control right through the factory radio. more than likely the harness from the radio to the sat tuner will bt taped together with the main harness that runs along the side of the car. IMO its alot easier to do the aftermarket route.

look here

http://www.pac-audio.com/default.aspx

This is just one of the many companies that make these