Now there is Sirius and Ipod/Iphone control

This came in today. Kind of a neat kit! It also has the capability to use and control HD radio with your factory head unit but I didn't really want tha so I didn't order the extra box. Who wants constant commercials in HD anyway?

Anyway, here are some pics. The Sirius SCC1 tuner box, the PXAMG Gateway box, the radio harness plug made up really nice with the extra plug in the middle of the harness for the Gateway box to plug into. From there it also has the Ipod cable which allows you to control the Ipod through the factory radio and charge it along with the Sirius. This cable is 10' long or so and leaves plenty of room to route and hide the cable. The Sirius antenna with 21' cable so it too can be routed where ever and hidden nicely. I'll probably put the antenna on the center of the roof right in front of the rear roof/window spoiler. Not exactly factory but it will be neat, hard to notice, and secure there. The other cable is not going to be used or installed in my application but it's for if you would want to use another type of audio device that had RCA cables or a 1/8" headphone plug. I just wanted the Ipod and Sirius capability.

DSC_0214-1.jpg

DSC_0216-2.jpg

The dog seemed to like smelling it constantly for some reason while I was trying to take pics.

DSC_0217-2.jpg

DSC_0219-2.jpg

I'll try to get it installed later this week and I'll tell you all how it works and try to remember to take pics as I go. Looks really easy to put in. Just have to secure those two small boxes behind the dash, hide a cable, and run and hide the satellite antenna wire. Wish me luck!

Edited by klc317

Got this installed this morning, only took about 30 minutes and most of that was removing the radio stack trim and the center console trim. Unfortunately, the Ipod function works great but I cant get it to recognize the Sirius tuner. Either a bad tuner or the Gateway box isn't properly programmed to accept the SCC1 Sirius tuner. They are closed today but hopefully I can get in touch with them tomorrow. The harness going to the Gateway box from the radio is just long enough to hide the box under the cupholder/gearshift area where there is plenty of room. Good kit so far once we get the Sirius snafu sorted out. I'm glad I didn't waste the time of running and hiding all the antenna wire in case I have to return the tuner.

They actually sent me an Email today with some additional instructions, a firmware update link, and a reset procedure that wasn't included in my kit and all is well now. Very happy! Excellent customer service from TSS radio.

Edited by klc317

Ok heres some pics. Didn't take any of the install because it is fairly straightforward. Not a bad setup to have all this through the lowly factory (non nav or sirius) radio that our MKX came with. We like it!

Regular FM/6CD/MP3 radio in an MKX:

DSC_0926.jpg

But wait, nows there more! Sirius:

DSC_0927.jpg

Scolling through the title on Howard 100, this week has been "History of Howard Stern":

DSC_0914.jpg

DSC_0916.jpg

Some '90s channel:

DSC_0909.jpg

Halfway through the title scrolling:

DSC_0910.jpg

Ipod control...well, Iphone 3G actually...

DSC_0917.jpg

Halfway through scrolling the title of Alice In Chains Man In the Box running off my Iphone:

DSC_0920.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info on your Sirius install. I'm looking at installing a similar XM kit in my 2008 Edge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-2008-FORD-EDGE-DIRECT-XM-RADIO-FULL-CTRL-TEXT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem29f727d7e3QQitemZ180240242659QQptZSatelliteQ5fRadio

I have a few questions that I would appreciate your help with.

1. Where did you put the boxes? I've heard some people say that the factory satellite boxes are located somewhere near the spare tire. If so how would you run/hide the wires on an aftermarket kit? The instructions given for the product I'm looking at talk about installing the boxes behind the glovebox.

2. Where did you put the antenna and could you show a picture of how it looks? I know it won't look completely factory, but I don't want visible wires and the antenna looking trashy. I've heard outside is preferrable, but the dash is an option too.

3. Is there any other advice you have? I don't much experience doing an install like this, but I'm sure I can figure it out. I just want it to look as clean as possible.

Thanks for your help!

This came in today. Kind of a neat kit! It also has the capability to use and control HD radio with your factory head unit but I didn't really want tha so I didn't order the extra box. Who wants constant commercials in HD anyway?

I have a 2010 Edge w/Premium audio system and the only thing that I miss is a HD radio - LOL!

Thanks for the info on your Sirius install. I'm looking at installing a similar XM kit in my 2008 Edge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-2008-FORD-EDGE-DIRECT-XM-RADIO-FULL-CTRL-TEXT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem29f727d7e3QQitemZ180240242659QQptZSatelliteQ5fRadio

I have a few questions that I would appreciate your help with.

1. Where did you put the boxes? I've heard some people say that the factory satellite boxes are located somewhere near the spare tire. If so how would you run/hide the wires on an aftermarket kit? The instructions given for the product I'm looking at talk about installing the boxes behind the glovebox.

2. Where did you put the antenna and could you show a picture of how it looks? I know it won't look completely factory, but I don't want visible wires and the antenna looking trashy. I've heard outside is preferrable, but the dash is an option too.

3. Is there any other advice you have? I don't much experience doing an install like this, but I'm sure I can figure it out. I just want it to look as clean as possible.

Thanks for your help!

The boxes (2 of them, 3 if you want HD radio) are only about 1 1/2" thick and maybe 4x4" so you can put them almost anywhere. I mounted mine inside the center console/gearshift area kind of up under the dash. Theres plenty of empty room up under there and plenty of spots to mount things like this. They can't be seen and I routed the cables very neatly and hid everything. I am very picky about having things neat and properly installed and like you, don't want anything seen.

As for the antenna...I was going to stick it (it is magnetic mount) centered right in front of the tailgate opening on the rear roof. Seemed like the closest thing to the stock location I could come up with. I found however that the antenna cable wasn't quite long enough to tuck all the antenna wire away under the trim around the passenger side of the interior as I wanted so I had to come up with a different idea. Since our MKX is not equipped with the factory THX sound system, there is simply a blank peice on the dash where the speaker grill for the center dash speaker would be. I simply tucked all the antenna wire away behind the radio area and mounted the antenna right underneath that plastic cover. Suprisingly, it picks up just fine there and nothing at all can be seen. I used this same solutuion with the NAV antenna for the Avic D3 I had in my F150 and it worked fine too.

Just make sure to be careful with the satellite antenna wire. If you kink it tightly, scrape the outer casing/insulation or barely crush it in any way it is done for. I've ruined a few in the past.

As for any additional advice pay close attention to any dipswitch settings and reset procedures as you do the install. It's different depending on if you are just hooking up the Ipod control or with the other add ons. My kit was missing a paper of instruction that explained this and everything didn't work quite right at first. After a quick Email to the company they set me on the right track and everything has been fine since.