2007 Edge in Germany

Marccom

Hello Guys and Ladies,

i am gonna to send you much greets from Germany.

Since End of last August I am a very satisfied Ford Edge Driver.

Its a late 2007 in Blazing Copper (i love this color) as SELPlus Version with FWD.

AWD wouldn´t be bad but the availability of Edges is not very great and so i had to decide between:

- early 2008 stonegrey SEL , AWD, without Panorama and

- late 2007 blazing copper SELPlus, FWD, with Panorama

for a comparable price.

This car, with this color is a funny ride everywhere, because the edge is not well known here.

Within an ambit of about 200km here is not a second one on the streets and so the expression of people faces is in according manner.

Many proud fresh Kuga-Drivers (small SUV on Focus-Platform for Europe Market) are not undestanding the world anymore when

they´re detecting this car :cry: :D

Further the Edge has a quite good ride quality and more than enough power.

Although I already had quite good cars (div. Volkswagen, Audi and other Ford) I am very happy about my last bought, especially after 4 years of driving a quite bad and unsatisfying Toyota. Never an asian car again...first and the last :rockon:

In addition of all i wish all members here a Merry Christmas

Many Greets from Germany

Marc

Edited by Marccom

Hi,

thanks for nice comments.

There is no "German" Edge. Ford Europe decided not to offer the Edge in Europe.

So actually the Edge is -as far as i know- only officially offered in USA, Canada and Brazil.

My Edge is imported by a local Ford-Dealer from USA.

The Kuga is not bad and quite succesfull in the race against Volkswagen Tiguan, MB GLK and some french and asian offers here.

The point is that all that cars are ranging in the compact class and are build on compact platforms.

Especially compared with the Edge the Kuga is quite small and quite short of space...especially in the back.

I have two kids and a dog and by myself i am quite tall (1.92m; 6.3 ft), so i need some space.

The next fact is that cars are very expensive here, although the carmarket is comparable "dead" like in USA and other parts of the world.

You have to know that a Kuga is listed very fast above the 30.000EUR-marking (~42000US$). A Kuga in comparable configuration as my Edge (as so far possible) is listed at ~38.000EUR (~53.000US$) in new shape with a 2.0 TDCI Diesel Engine with 136 PS(134 HP) or a 2.5 Turbo Gas Engine with 200PS (197 HP).

Kugas are detectable in a dozen per street yet.

Bute here comes my Edge:

It has the 3.5V6 with 269 PS (265 HP) that you all well know. My Edge is -as mentioned- a late 2007 model and had ~19.500 km (12.000mls) on ODO is in a quite newlike shape (and above that the dealer did a great job with conditioning) and the price was in the low Twens (Euros).

I dont need a Diesel anymore (had 4 before) and so the powerful Edge is quite right and fun.

At the Moment our opinion (my wife is very satisfied, too) is that the Edge is simple great.

Before the mentioned Toyota we had a new and very satisfying Audi A6 Avant (4B-Model) with 2.5V6 Diesel Engine but my wife already decided: "Eddie :wub: is the best car we ever had"

Some planned measures:

-chrome mirrors and doorhandels (already here...waiting for better weather conditions)

-deactivate Speed Limiter

-change from all-season-tires to different summer- and wintersets

-Making cablechannels and specific holder for Plug-in-Navigation (Becker)

-Making Leather trim for Dashboard, consoleparts and doors (longterm)

-Making fitting dog-resistant carpet for Cargoroom and Backseat-Backsides

-3DCarbon Body-Kit (longterm)

-LPG Engine Kit

Edit: Forgot to mention that i put some Pictures in the forum gallery)

Greets to all

Marc

Edited by Marccom

Nice pictures, do you have reflectors on the rear bumper? Are they made in the cover or added on to the cover?

Sounds like you have some nice plans for your Edge.

I am guessing the Kuga is about the size of the Escape sold here or might be a bit smaller, I just liked the Euro look they have. I am sure your Edge is much nicer.

Nice pictures, do you have reflectors on the rear bumper? Are they made in the cover or added on to the cover?

They're added on to it...But it is looking not so bad...they're quite flat.

The reflectors and the lights under the bumper are a governed musthave here in germany.

I am thinking about to change the lights from under the bumper in the bumper or in the cargodoor (similar Murano).

Greets

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

They're added on to it...But it is looking not so bad...they're quite flat.

The reflectors and the lights under the bumper are a governed musthave here in germany.

I am thinking about to change the lights from under the bumper in the bumper or in the cargodoor (similar Murano).

Greets

Marc

Hello, I am driving a silver colored one over in Belgium.

Want to put it on autogas, LPG.

Any experience with it?

Hello, I am driving a silver colored one over in Belgium.

Want to put it on autogas, LPG.

Any experience with it?

Hello Flyboy,

Belgium is not so far...ok...not as far as USA :-)

We would try it, but ...to say it directly... we are not so liquid for the costs about 2500-3000 EUR yet.

So we have to wait a little for the right moment.

We dont have to drive so much and so far, that it is not so hard to wait.

Greets

Marc