Anti Theft Deterrent Blinking Light

I bought a 2007 Ford Edge that was a courtesy car at our local dealership. No other owner. Since I purchased it last Spring, it had a red flashing light just under the enter front windshield that blinked when the car was turned off. I am assuming it was the Theft Deterrent light. Last month it quit blinking and another yellow light started blinking on the left side steering wheel. I took it to my Ford dealer and they said there was no lightbulb in the area under the windshield that WAS blinking. I am not imagining things. They said they checked with Ford and there was no theft deterrent light that blinked in the center just under the front windshield on Ford Edges. What is going on? I didn't imagine that light. When I would go out into the garage after dark, I could see it flashing. Are they just giving me the runaround?

I bought a 2007 Ford Edge that was a courtesy car at our local dealership. No other owner. Since I purchased it last Spring, it had a red flashing light just under the enter front windshield that blinked when the car was turned off. I am assuming it was the Theft Deterrent light. Last month it quit blinking and another yellow light started blinking on the left side steering wheel. I took it to my Ford dealer and they said there was no lightbulb in the area under the windshield that WAS blinking. I am not imagining things. They said they checked with Ford and there was no theft deterrent light that blinked in the center just under the front windshield on Ford Edges. What is going on? I didn't imagine that light. When I would go out into the garage after dark, I could see it flashing. Are they just giving me the runaround?

sorry.. but you did imagine that light blinking on the center dash. you must be thinking some other car as that is a sensor and not any sort of light or have anything to do with the deterrent system. as has been pointed out, the light for the deterrent system is on the dash cluster.

Some dealers around here install an after market alarm in all of their cars.

Check with your salesperson maybe your “2007 Ford Edge that was a courtesy car” has an after market.

Or maybe you were seeing a reflection from some other blinking light.

My bet is on the add-on alarm.

OH Welcome and greetings

ab