Roof cross bars

I just got my roof rail cross bars today. I opted against the BAMR because I inevitably strap stuff to the roof of my vehicle. It seems as though the wind resistance noise of the crossbars is pretty loud. Maybe that’s why I didn't see any Edges on the lot at the dealer with them installed. I was totally shocked at the smooth quiet ride of this car, but because of that, you can really hear these cross bars barreling through the wind!

I guess its not that big of a deal but is it just me? Has anyone else had this "problem"?

Can you slide both together?

If so put both at the very back as tight together as possible.

Has worked for me on others.

The crossbars are at fixed locations, you cant move them either direction. The elliptical bars are quite a bit more aerodynamic than round or flat bars such as you get on aftermarket systems (Thule/Yakima etc) or older systems.

I have factory side bars but bought a Thule ski rack for my edge that included the cross bars it took about 15 mins to install the rack and I just took it off yesterday in less then 10 mins. The wind noise was noticeable but not that loud. you might want to think about keeping the bars off and just put them one when you know you will need them. It should only take a few mins to put on and off, just an option if the wind noise it that much of a problem.

Well i turned the stereo off today (only listen at a reasonable, not earbleed volume - about 2-3 bars on the stereo with a speed setting of 3) and could hear the bars start to whistle when i was doing near 50mph and above, nothing lower than 40mph. However with the stereo on at a volume you could easily talk alongside i couldnt hear the whistle at all.

The issue with the crossbars, is that they are somewhat annoying to take on/off as the space from the roofrails to the roof along with the angle made by the screws and the rood mean you cant just put a wrench/driver in there and go at it, you have to use an offset or go at it from an angle. I wouldnt want to do that all the time. Other systems might be easier and quicker to take on/off, however i always found i scratched the car roof up doing that over time - however carefully i may have tried to do it.

Well i turned the stereo off today (only listen at a reasonable, not earbleed volume - about 2-3 bars on the stereo with a speed setting of 3) and could hear the bars start to whistle when i was doing near 50mph and above, nothing lower than 40mph. However with the stereo on at a volume you could easily talk alongside i couldnt hear the whistle at all.

The issue with the crossbars, is that they are somewhat annoying to take on/off as the space from the roofrails to the roof along with the angle made by the screws and the rood mean you cant just put a wrench/driver in there and go at it, you have to use an offset or go at it from an angle. I wouldnt want to do that all the time. Other systems might be easier and quicker to take on/off, however i always found i scratched the car roof up doing that over time - however carefully i may have tried to do it.

I couldn't have said it better myself!