How do I pull out the center console?

Long time, no posting for me! I love my 2008 Edge, it's a great car. I need to pull out the center floor console, I took out a number of bolts and it doesn't move. I would appreciate help on this, as I need it out by tomorrow evening.

Thank you to anyone that can help!

Here are the procedures I have:

1. Remove the storage bin.

2. Remove the 2 scrivets.

3. Disconnect the power point electrical connector.

4. Remove the 2 floor console front side bolts.

5. Remove the 2 floor console-to-instrument panel bolts.

6. Disconnect the floor console electrical connector from the lower right front wiring harness.

7. Remove the floor console.

8. To install, reverse the removal procedure

Also see attached diagram

Hope this helps

post-8414-1263872560212_thumb.png

Thanks you SO MUCH k_m, this is exactly what I needed. I think while I have this out, I'm going to do the light in the cupholder mod. I'll dive into this tonight, I had taken out quite a few screws and the thing wouldn't budge. The seats are so tight to the console on this vehicle! Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

I was able to get the console out, but it was far more work than k_m's instructions. I had a buddy help me and it took more screws to get the console out. There is a surround and then the internal plastics to the console. FYI, it's so complex that I can't write the instructions again :(.

• 4 weeks later...

My first post!!! I just got my '08 SEL the other day and there is something rattling inside the center console. I wanted to remove the cup holders to see if I could see anything. Can I just pull up on it and it will come loose? In the picture, it's #1....thanks for your help!

I believe so, but not entirely sure. I have never removed it, but by the way it looks its only held into the unit by clip hooks. I would be very gentle and try to ease it out. Good Luck