Waiting to take delivery !

poke71

The day the wife and I went to the dealership to test drive the Edge that we both agreed on that we liked, the only thing missing was the trailer pkg. Sales guy said he'd send the truck out to get one put on in and it would be ready for pick up in a day or two!

I thought to myself, "is this guy for real?" Does he not know that you get a few more things out of the trailer hitch than just the hitch its self? What about the upgraded battery, upgraded cooling fan, engine oil cooler and HD rad? He told me that they usually already have them on most Edge's. After that, I changed my tune and let him know that I'd rather have it built and put in at the factory.

I actually got lucky because two days later I was able to go back and sign the deal and the $1000 Costco promo just started, so I saved another $1000 on top of the X-Plan I got to use from my company!

I guess I got luck when they let me know just after New Years that it should be at the dealership the week on the 25th of January. It's only a 5 week waiting period. Hopefully everything goes well and their isn't any problems!!!

Still not that happy about the salesguy trying to pull a fast one on me!!

Edited by poke71

The day the wife and I went to the dealership to test drive the Edge that we both agreed on that we liked, the only thing missing was the trailer pkg. Sales guy said he'd send the truck out to get one put on in and it would be ready for pick up in a day or two!

I thought to myself, "is this guy for real?" Does he not know that you get a few more things out of the trailer hitch than just the hitch its self? What about the upgraded battery, upgraded cooling fan, engine oil cooler and HD rad? He told me that they usually already have them on most Edge's. After that, I changed my tune and let him know that I'd rather have it built and put in at the factory.

I actually got lucky because two days later I was able to go back and sign the deal and the $1000 Costco promo just started, so I saved another $1000 on top of the X-Plan I got to use from my company!

I guess I got luck when they let me know just after New Years that it should be at the dealership the week on the 25th of January. It's only a 5 week waiting period. Hopefully everything goes well and their isn't any problems!!!

Still not that happy about the salesguy trying to pull a fast one on me!!

Hey Edge Fan, nice to see that you did't get trick by the salesguy....Tell me how much did you pay for your edge and witch options did you choose ?...

Thanks

Edited by controleur2001

Hey Edge Fan, nice to see that you did't get trick by the salesguy....Tell me how much did you pay for your edge and witch options did you choose ?...

Thanks

Basically the base price for the AWD Limited went down to $39,169 and I negotiated for a bit more, with the following: Vista roof ($1850), trailer pkg ($500), remote start( incl.), rubber floor mats (incl.), 20" wheels ($800), White titanium metallic paint ($300), $799 for the electronic rust prevention module with paint and leather protection. $1000 off for the COSTCO promo, + freight, pdi, gas tax, gst, pst. and $299 for the transaction.

Hope this helps,

Still waiting patiently!

Edited by poke71

Basically the base price for the AWD Limited went down to $39,169 and I negotiated for a bit more, with the following: Vista roof ($1850), trailer pkg ($500), remote start( incl.), rubber floor mats (incl.), 20" wheels ($800), White titanium metallic paint ($300), $799 for the electronic rust prevention module with paint and leather protection. $1000 off for the COSTCO promo, + freight, pdi, gas tax, gst, pst. and $299 for the transaction.

Hope this helps,

Still waiting patiently!

Sorry to say but that paint/leather protection is a big waste of money.

Is this the one where they "claim" you don't have to wax your car for 5 years? <--hahaha

I've even heard people get this thrown in for free.

Hope this helps,

Still waiting patiently!

Thanks Edgefan, but finaly you end up paying how much with everything you mention ? I'm asking because I will very soon make the move.

Is this the one where they "claim" you don't have to wax your car for 5 years? <--hahaha

some people get that thrown in for free and I got other items thrown in for free!

Is this the one where they "claim" you don't have to wax your car for 5 years?

I agree on the paint and leather protection, but the electronic rust protection is legit, although I don't think it costs nearly that much nor do I think it's really necessary. It generates a mild electric current that prevents or greatly inhibits rusting. Boats have been using them for years.

I agree on the paint and leather protection, but the electronic rust protection is legit, although I don't think it costs nearly that much nor do I think it's really necessary. It generates a mild electric current that prevents or greatly inhibits rusting. Boats have been using them for years.

I actually had paint protection on my 2003 Honda Civic and I did not have any paint problens and the car was never waxed. After I washed it it looked like it came off the showroom floor...ask the neighbors!! :stats:

Edited by poke71

Is it just a decent wax they put on??

What about the Leather protection?

I know they are Scotchgaurding the floors for me... :headscratch:

Anyways...they told me I can pick it up on Saturday...two more sleeps!! :play:

Paints and clear coats are much more advanced then they used to be.

My 98 Jeep didn't start showing rust until 2 years ago and it spent a few Chicago winters not garaged.

As far as leather it has already been treated from the factory and there is not much you can do about rips and tears.

I've used Scotchgard for years on carpets and floor mats.

Only $10 a can.

41pWbMiT%2BAL._SS500_.jpg

Anyway you look at it the $799 is a waste of money but if it gives you that extra piece of mind then so be it.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

Is it just a decent wax they put on??

What about the Leather protection?

I know they are Scotchgaurding the floors for me... :headscratch:

Anyways...they told me I can pick it up on Saturday...two more sleeps!! :play:

It's probably just a paint sealer of some type. It works like wax but is supposed to last longer. It's no different than what you can buy from autozone and do it yourself. It won't last years - maybe months if you're lucky.

There is no such thing as leather protection - just cleaner and conditioner which you can apply yourself every few months. Again - available at your local auto parts store.

Scotchguarding is good but it wears off in 6 months or so because it's water based. But it's cheap and you can buy it yourself at the grocery store. If they're using a silicon based product then that will last for 3 - 5 years but that wouldn't be called Scotchguard and it would come with a written warranty.

It's probably just a paint sealer of some type. It works like wax but is supposed to last longer. It's no different than what you can buy from autozone and do it yourself. It won't last years - maybe months if you're lucky.

There is no such thing as leather protection - just cleaner and conditioner which you can apply yourself every few months. Again - available at your local auto parts store.

Scotchguarding is good but it wears off in 6 months or so because it's water based. But it's cheap and you can buy it yourself at the grocery store. If they're using a silicon based product then that will last for 3 - 5 years but that wouldn't be called Scotchguard and it would come with a written warranty.

Right. Nothing beats ongoing "hands on" preventative maintenence like treating your leather every few months (ever seen a 5 year old car that has never had the leather treated?) and keeping the car clean and applying regular wax coats.

Right. Nothing beats ongoing "hands on" preventative maintenence like treating your leather every few months (ever seen a 5 year old car that has never had the leather treated?) and keeping the car clean and applying regular wax coats.

Thanks guys for all your input, I will definitley keep it in mind as I do my P.M.

I did pick up our new Edge, to my amazement everything went well and the vehicle was in perfect condition even down to the rubber insert in the cup holders!! :happy feet:

Put on about 75km this weekend, the only question I would have is if anyone else experienced the same as me. In the info display between the Tach and Speedo you can have the Liters/100kms displayed. Sometimes it would show a very high number. Is that because the vehicle isn't broken in yet?

I will post some pics as the weather gets warmer and the construction across the street subsides!!

Still wish that they offered HID lights, push start button and rain sensing wipers!