Key Fob

Hello...This is my first post I believe. Sorry if this is in the wrong topic.

I bought my 07 Edge SEL Plus AWD used, and it only came with one key. I was able to get a local locksmith to sell me a spare key. The first key is the one with the remote lock/unlock built in (3 buttons) and my second key is just a plain old key (obviously with the transponder thing inside) I would like to buy an old fashioned remote key fob. Will that cause any problems? From my understanding it shouldn't but I thought I should ask. The keypad on the door is OK, but having kids, I'd sure like to be able to unlock the doors before I get to the truck. (and my wife carries the key with remote built in)

I saw this one one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-2007-FORD-EDGE-KEY-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-PROGRAM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem58840cd9c4QQitemZ380172556740QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I don't need anything special, just something to unlock/lock.

Can you guys help.

Thanks

I purchased a flip key for our 2010 Edge and no problems at all. Wether you are interested in just a remote or a flip key. You WILL NOT have any problems.

Hope this helps

Cool thanks...I saw some flip keys on ebay, but they were all 4 button. Does that matter? I only have 3 buttons

• 2 weeks later...

Hello...This is my first post I believe. Sorry if this is in the wrong topic.

I bought my 07 Edge SEL Plus AWD used, and it only came with one key. I was able to get a local locksmith to sell me a spare key. The first key is the one with the remote lock/unlock built in (3 buttons) and my second key is just a plain old key (obviously with the transponder thing inside) I would like to buy an old fashioned remote key fob. Will that cause any problems? From my understanding it shouldn't but I thought I should ask. The keypad on the door is OK, but having kids, I'd sure like to be able to unlock the doors before I get to the truck. (and my wife carries the key with remote built in)

I saw this one one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-2007-FORD-EDGE-KEY-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-PROGRAM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem58840cd9c4QQitemZ380172556740QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I don't need anything special, just something to unlock/lock.

Can you guys help.

Thanks

My company uses Ford for their fleet vehicles and i succesfully reprogramed an older style remote as an additional spare. took just 1 minute to do. Just like the one you saw on ebay.

Also the older style keys work as you know already.

Edited by 1nutsvt