Just got our new Vivid Red 09 MKX

09mkx

Picked it up yesterday afternoon. Love it!!!! Last night we noticed the interior lights don't come on when you unlock doors with remote. Or when you open the doors.

Then I tried turning up the panel dimmer and nothing there either. The front and rear map lights work when you push them but other then that, nothing.

Any ideas??

Picked it up yesterday afternoon. Love it!!!! Last night we noticed the interior lights don't come on when you unlock doors with remote. Or when you open the doors.

Then I tried turning up the panel dimmer and nothing there either. The front and rear map lights work when you push them but other then that, nothing.

Any ideas??

Hi 09MKX. :D Congratulations on your new MKX. I do not have the 2009 MKX Owners Manual handy, so I would recommend you do this: Check the "Interior Lighting" and "Message Center" sections of your Owners Manual. See what controls and programmable features are available for the interior lights. There are also a bunch of other programmable features available which you may never know about unless you check the Manual.

If you can not get them operational, then check with your Dealer/Salesman. If they can not tell you how to get them working, then you will probably need to make a service appointment.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for your replies!! It turned out to be simple. I called the dealer I bought it from because they had it in the showroom and I thoguht maybe they turned them off or disconnected them. They said they didn't do anything. Then I called the local Lincoln Mercury Dealer and they said the interior lights were on the same fuse as the map lights which worked so I made an appointment to have them look at it. After the wife came home today I checked the fuses.......and the interior light fuse was missing!!

Put one in and we are back in business!!

Thanks for your replies!! It turned out to be simple. I called the dealer I bought it from because they had it in the showroom and I thoguht maybe they turned them off or disconnected them. They said they didn't do anything. Then I called the local Lincoln Mercury Dealer and they said the interior lights were on the same fuse as the map lights which worked so I made an appointment to have them look at it. After the wife came home today I checked the fuses.......and the interior light fuse was missing!!

Put one in and we are back in business!!

They must have removed it while it was in the showroom and forgot about it. Congrats on the purchase! What options does it have and interior color?