<><> How do you reset the Low Air Pressure Light ? <><>

ACLazer

I was wondering how do you reset the low air pressure light on a 2008 Edge? I did a search on this Forum and also looked in my Owners Manual and can't seem to find it. Can someone please help?

Thank You

Dom

Hi Dom. :D A little more information as to why you need to reset the system would help. Essentially, for many TPMS warning light illuminations, the driver can not physically "reset" the system other than inflating the tires to the proper psi (and for those you can reset for, you usually need the TPMS reset tool).

For example: If you received a low pressure waring while driving, then inflating the tire/tires to the proper pressure will eliminate the warning light. It may take a driving cycle to do so.

On the other hand: If you replaced a wheel/wheels, tire/tires, TPMS sensor etc. and are now getting a warning light, then the sensor/sensors need to be reset. For that you need to purchase the correct TPMS reset tool or take your car to a Ford Dealer or tire shop for them to reset it.

Essentially, all of this and more is explained in detail in the Owners Manual (you must have accidentally overlooked it). It would be a good idea to give the Manual another look and read over the TPMS system information and system warning descriptions, as there are other warnings and explanations as to what they mean and what the driver should proceed to do. And again, we do not know exactly which warning you may be receiving.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the response. Yes, I replaced the 18" Wheels and Tires on my car with a set of 20" Wheels and tires. I was hoping I could just reset it myself.

Thank you

Dom

HI Dom. :D Your are welcome.

Another question though. Did you have new TPMS sensors installed on the new wheels/tire set or at least reinstall the old sensors? The reason I ask is because if you did not have TPMS sensors installed on the new wheels/tires, the warning light will always return/continue to illuminate. While it can be turned off temporarily by hitting "Reset" on the information center, it will always return after a short amount of driving time.

And you can reset it ((the correct/permanent way) yourself. You only need to purchase the correct TPMS reset tool. It is inexpensive and would be a wise investment for the owner of a TPMS equipped car (in my opinion).

HI Dom. :D Your are welcome.

Another question though. Did you have new TPMS sensors installed on the new wheels/tire set or at least reinstall the old sensors? The reason I ask is because if you did not have TPMS sensors installed on the new wheels/tires, the warning light will always return/continue to illuminate. While it can be turned off temporarily by hitting "Reset" on the information center, it will always return after a short amount of driving time.

And you can reset it ((the correct/permanent way) yourself. You only need to purchase the correct TPMS reset tool. It is inexpensive and would be a wise investment for the owner of a TPMS equipped car (in my opinion).

When I had a tire repaired I was told to drive a quarter mile to reset the TPMS. I didn't get very far before it reset.

When I had a tire repaired I was told to drive a quarter mile to reset the TPMS. I didn't get very far before it reset.

Hi Tom. :D What you describe will work if you have the old TPMS sensors (that were already programmed to your TPMS system) reinstalled. Or in your case, since it was only a repaired tire the old sensors were likely never even removed from the old wheels. So they did not need any programming. Your sensor only needed enough time to register that the tire pressure had been corrected.

However, if new sensors are installed, then they need to be programmed to the vehicle TPMS system. That was why I asked Dom for more information (i.e. if he had new sensors installed or reused the old sensors etc.).

Hope this clears up any confusion.