do i have to warm the car !?

dr_rayann

hi

I got a ford edge 2010 sport ,

now just wanna ask ,, do i have to warm the car when I start the car for some time before I can move !?

I heard that this information is wrong ,,,, and these cars are designed to start and move even in the cold whether !

please lemme know

I am waiting ,,

thanks

Can't tell you where but just read the car is "warmed up" and ready to drive in as little as 30 seconds

hi

I got a ford edge 2010 sport ,

now just wanna ask ,, do i have to warm the car when I start the car for some time before I can move !?

I heard that this information is wrong ,,,, and these cars are designed to start and move even in the cold whether !

please lemme know

I am waiting ,,

thanks

Hi dr_rayann. :D As tpm stated, required initial warm up is minimal. Essentially, a good way to do things is as follows: The first thing you should do as soon as you get in the car and close the door is start the car. Then put on your seat-belt and do whatever it is you normally do after putting on your seat-belt (e.g. adjust the radio, plug in your phone etc.). That should take up 20-30 seconds, then you and the car are ready to go.

If you do not wear your seat belts, don't listen to the radio and don't have a phone, then start the car and you can drive away when you see the tachometer begin to drop from the high warm up idle speed. You do not need to wait for the idle to fully drop to normal, just wait until the rpm's first begin to drop off the high cold idle speed.

In addition, we need to keep in mind that being able to drive away does not mean that we can immediately drive the car hard. It takes a good 10 minutes for the engine and all fluids to fully reach normal operating temperatures. So until that happens and the temperature gauge reads in the normal range, the car should be driven moderately (if we would like our cars to last).

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530