Buying 2010 Edge Limited - Deal Comments Please

Sat down with a very straight forward salesman in Toronto and without negotiation came to the following:

2010 Edge Limited AWD w/ Vista Roof: 32,900 +TTT-> Driveaway price 39,500 (all in)

Deal uses the following:

$5000 Ford Discount

$1000 Ford Custom Cash

$1000 Costco Promo

Very high volume dealer with multiple vehicles that fit my needs on the lot. I haven't seen invoice price but I'm assuming the invoice price is close to 39,900 given msrp is 43,149 (7.5% markup). I don't know enough to comment on what dealer hold-back's would be or if I can negotiate into them.

I had originally planned to purchase from the US and bring back over but at this price I would have to purchase the same vehicle for $25K USD to make it worthwhile. I don't see that happening.

Two questions:

What do you think of the price and do I have some to negotiate?

If I order a 2011 Edge, will I be able to get within $4000 of this price? I would be willing to wait the time and pay that premium for the updated Edge. Sport looks fantastic although I'm not sure I'd like the 22" low profile on the torn up Toronto roads!

PS: Also discussed 2010 F-150 SuperCrew Long Bed XLT/XTR which would be 29,500 if I buy both at the same time. Prices are good, no?

Feedback appreciated.

That's a really good price. I just picked mine up from Mississauga for $42 500 - that included a $3 500 trade in.

I got 0% financing though - will you get that as well? Not sure you will if you get the $5 000 Cash incentive.

Mine is a 2010 LMTD AWD with Sync + Nav + Vista Roof + 20's.

Only thing I can suggest is get the 20's. I didn't want them but they had my exact model coming on the truck and it

came with the 20's - so I didn't really have a choice if I wanted the Edge in a timely fashion. I can honestly say - they

really give it a nice look,.. IMO.

The Sync/Nav is awesome as well - if you can swing it - go for it! It's a must have for me.

I was looking at the following vehicles and I went with the 2010 Edge

2011 Sorrento

2010 Sante Fe - almost got this one!

2010 Murano

2010 Rx 350

I'm super happy with my decision and I'm not looking back - even with the 11's coming soon.

Good luck

Wil

Sat down with a very straight forward salesman in Toronto and without negotiation came to the following:

2010 Edge Limited AWD w/ Vista Roof: 32,900 +TTT-> Driveaway price 39,500 (all in)

Deal uses the following:

$5000 Ford Discount

$1000 Ford Custom Cash

$1000 Costco Promo

Very high volume dealer with multiple vehicles that fit my needs on the lot. I haven't seen invoice price but I'm assuming the invoice price is close to 39,900 given msrp is 43,149 (7.5% markup). I don't know enough to comment on what dealer hold-back's would be or if I can negotiate into them.

I had originally planned to purchase from the US and bring back over but at this price I would have to purchase the same vehicle for $25K USD to make it worthwhile. I don't see that happening.

Two questions:

What do you think of the price and do I have some to negotiate?

If I order a 2011 Edge, will I be able to get within $4000 of this price? I would be willing to wait the time and pay that premium for the updated Edge. Sport looks fantastic although I'm not sure I'd like the 22" low profile on the torn up Toronto roads!

PS: Also discussed 2010 F-150 SuperCrew Long Bed XLT/XTR which would be 29,500 if I buy both at the same time. Prices are good, no?

Feedback appreciated.

Hi Van. :D Throwing the exchange rate and tax differences into the usual pricing variables and I will reserve opinion on the price to those who are located in Canada.

However, just to comment on the question of "If I order a 2011 Edge, will I be able to get within $4000 of this price?". You certainly will not see Incentives on the 2011 models like you received on the 2010, at least not early in the 2011 model year. Maybe later in the model year, but that is impossible to forecast now.

Good luck. :beerchug: .

Edited by bbf2530

That's a really good price. I just picked mine up from Mississauga for $42 500 - that included a $3 500 trade in.

I got 0% financing though - will you get that as well? Not sure you will if you get the $5 000 Cash incentive.

Mine is a 2010 LMTD AWD with Sync + Nav + Vista Roof + 20's.

Only thing I can suggest is get the 20's. I didn't want them but they had my exact model coming on the truck and it

came with the 20's - so I didn't really have a choice if I wanted the Edge in a timely fashion. I can honestly say - they

really give it a nice look,.. IMO.

The Sync/Nav is awesome as well - if you can swing it - go for it! It's a must have for me.

I was looking at the following vehicles and I went with the 2010 Edge

2011 Sorrento

2010 Sante Fe - almost got this one!

2010 Murano

2010 Rx 350

I'm super happy with my decision and I'm not looking back - even with the 11's coming soon.

Good luck

Wil

Thanks for the reply Wil.

I'm purchasing so I can take advantage of the discounts. Sales guy offered me 10K at 0% for 2 years which I'll likely take and put the $10K somewhere to earn a few bucks.

When I go into do a deal I'll see what he can let an Edge with NAV in it go for. Our cell phones have talking Nav already so it's frill that we can do without. Sync is standard on the Limited.

The 20's do look nice but we'll likely go after market for rims if we want to change and keep the 18's for winter rubber.

Remote start, rubber mats, and tow package are things we might bite on but after market is also an option.

Anyone able to comment on invoice pricing and dealer holdback amounts?

Hi Van. :D Throwing the exchange rate and tax differences into the usual pricing variables and I will reserve opinion on the price to those who are located in Canada.

However, just to comment on the question of "If I order a 2011 Edge, will I be able to get within $4000 of this price?". You certainly will not see Incentives on the 2011 models like you received on the 2010, at least not early in the 2011 model year. Maybe later in the model year, but that is impossible to forecast now.

Good luck. :beerchug: .

Too bad. The 2011 Limited and Sport look great and the myTouch is pretty cool. At the end of the day -> Point A to Point B :)

Our cell phones have talking Nav already so it's frill that we can do without.

Remote start, rubber mats, and tow package are things we might bite on but after market is also an option.

Glad you mentioned the Rubbers - save your $100.00 and get the weathertech ones - they are 10x's better. I have the contact info from the sales rep from Hamilton - met him at the Autoshow.

Depending on how you feel about warrenty issues I would reconsider the remote start. The OEM Ford unit works fine however not at all how an aftermarket one works. To make a long story short - wether or not you remote start you still have to put the key in and crank the engine thus starting your car twice. There is no work around that I am aware of and the cost of the OEM unit ($400+taxes) is up there with good quality aftermarket units. So if you are not too concerned about fighting for your warrenty with the dealer regarding an aftermarket remote starter then go aftermarket

Also - the "Nav" is a lot more than just Nav. It's the all around user interface. All music/radio/CD/Ipod info is displayed nicely with a touchscreen interface. The DVD player is great if you find yourself waiting for the wife - I know I do! The phone portion of it has great features as well. Dial pad, call histories, etc - All specific to your cell phone(see attached for compatibility chart) Play around with it - you''ll soon see it's neccessity.

Hope that helps!

Wil

Sync Compatibility Chart.pdf

Glad you mentioned the Rubbers - save your $100.00 and get the weathertech ones - they are 10x's better. I have the contact info from the sales rep from Hamilton - met him at the Autoshow.

Depending on how you feel about warrenty issues I would reconsider the remote start. The OEM Ford unit works fine however not at all how an aftermarket one works. To make a long story short - wether or not you remote start you still have to put the key in and crank the engine thus starting your car twice. There is no work around that I am aware of and the cost of the OEM unit ($400+taxes) is up there with good quality aftermarket units. So if you are not too concerned about fighting for your warrenty with the dealer regarding an aftermarket remote starter then go aftermarket

Also - the "Nav" is a lot more than just Nav. It's the all around user interface. All music/radio/CD/Ipod info is displayed nicely with a touchscreen interface. The DVD player is great if you find yourself waiting for the wife - I know I do! The phone portion of it has great features as well. Dial pad, call histories, etc - All specific to your cell phone(see attached for compatibility chart) Play around with it - you''ll soon see it's neccessity.

Hope that helps!

Wil

Thanks for the heads up on the mats and remote start. I'll have to play around with the Nav and get him to price one out. I've seen talk on here of units coming up on eBay for $800 which might be another option.

Should I start whining about how good the 2011 electronics look!

Thanks for the heads up on the mats and remote start. I'll have to play around with the Nav and get him to price one out. I've seen talk on here of units coming up on eBay for $800 which might be another option.

Should I start whining about how good the 2011 electronics look!

Hi Van. :D Just regarding the Factory remote start: If the Factory system is working correctly, you do not have to start the car twice. If you have remote started the car, when you enter the car you do have to put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "On" position. However, the car is already running and you do not need to turn it to the "Start" position.

In other words, the car is already running so you do not need to crank the engine over to start it. If anyone's remote start system is operating otherwise, there is an issue with the vehicle that needs attention (or they have the "MyKey" system which operates differently for particular reasons).

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Van. :D Just regarding the Factory remote start: If the Factory system is working correctly, you do not have to start the car twice. If you have remote started the car, when you enter the car you do have to put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "On" position. However, the car is already running and you do not need to turn it to the "Start" position.

In other words, the car is already running so you do not need to crank the engine over to start it. If anyone's remote start system is operating otherwise, there is an issue with the vehicle that needs attention (or they have the "MyKey" system which operates differently for particular reasons).

Hope this information helps.

I believe I have the "My Key" and it's ruining my paradise!

Do you have an OEM Ford Remote start - if so - please tell me what you did to make it work like you described above - b/c when I remote start - as soon as I open any door it shuts down the engine. I've researched this issue and the best results I've read about is having the car continue running after the door is opened but shuts down as soon as key is inserted - going to the trouble of fixing the door opening problem doesn't quite solve the overall issue.

If you have some info on this I would love to hear about it as this is how my remote start operates and I absolutely hate it!

I believe I have the "My Key" and it's ruining my paradise!

Do you have an OEM Ford Remote start - if so - please tell me what you did to make it work like you described above - b/c when I remote start - as soon as I open any door it shuts down the engine. I've researched this issue and the best results I've read about is having the car continue running after the door is opened but shuts down as soon as key is inserted - going to the trouble of fixing the door opening problem doesn't quite solve the overall issue.

If you have some info on this I would love to hear about it as this is how my remote start operates and I absolutely hate it!

Hi wil. :D Unfortunately, as I mentioned above if the vehicle has MyKey, the information I provided is thrown out the window. MyKey equipped vehicles will cut off the engine when the door is opened and the vehicle must then be restarted with the ignition key The reason is explained below). I did not see you mention having MyKey in your previous post, but I did touch on it briefly in my previous post, just to try and cover all bases.

To try and explain the Remote Start/MyKey "issue" briefly (and hopefully understandably): I will assume you know what the purpose of MyKey is (to let parents place certain restrictions on different keys to control what their kids do while driving the vehicle) and what it does. To allow the proper programming to occur when a particular MyKey is used to run the vehicle, the actual key must be used to physically start the vehicle. As of yet, the individual MyKey programming can not be sent via the Remote Start signal. Therefore, to allow the MyKey system to work, if/when the vehicle has been remote started, the engine must be turned off and the individual key inserted and used to restart the car. Otherwise, junior or princess could simply use the remote start to start the vehicle, thus overriding any/all restrictions Mom and Dad tried to place on their "darling little puddin' heads" particular "My Key" key.

For those who have MyKey, to my knowledge there currently are only two choices concerning the engine shut-off when using remote start : First, have MyKey disabled by the Dealership. Second, learn to live with it if you want the MyKey functions. So for now, those with Remote Start and MyKey who wish to keep the MyKey function have to live with the slight discomfort of turning the key when they place it in the ignition after remote starting.

However, as always you should check with your Dealers Service Department for the latest information.

Hopefully my description was understandable and sorry I don't have better news.

Edited by bbf2530

• 2 weeks later...

Put our money down today and ended up getting a little bit better deal:

2010 Edge Limited AWD (Black/Camel) w/ Vista Roof and Remote Start: 38,000 drive away price: 23K cash, 15K due in 2 yrs @ 0% lease-to-own program.

Happy with the deal and looking forward to taking ownership.

I'll do a search but does anyone know the part number for the Navigation Head Unit? This is something I might consider purchasing.

A couple of additions on the radar:

- weather tech mats

- change the grille

- rims and summer rubber

• 8 months later...

Hi wil. :D Unfortunately, as I mentioned above if the vehicle has MyKey, the information I provided is thrown out the window. MyKey equipped vehicles will cut off the engine when the door is opened and the vehicle must then be restarted with the ignition key The reason is explained below). I did not see you mention having MyKey in your previous post, but I did touch on it briefly in my previous post, just to try and cover all bases.

To try and explain the Remote Start/MyKey "issue" briefly (and hopefully understandably): I will assume you know what the purpose of MyKey is (to let parents place certain restrictions on different keys to control what their kids do while driving the vehicle) and what it does. To allow the proper programming to occur when a particular MyKey is used to run the vehicle, the actual key must be used to physically start the vehicle. As of yet, the individual MyKey programming can not be sent via the Remote Start signal. Therefore, to allow the MyKey system to work, if/when the vehicle has been remote started, the engine must be turned off and the individual key inserted and used to restart the car. Otherwise, junior or princess could simply use the remote start to start the vehicle, thus overriding any/all restrictions Mom and Dad tried to place on their "darling little puddin' heads" particular "My Key" key.

For those who have MyKey, to my knowledge there currently are only two choices concerning the engine shut-off when using remote start : First, have MyKey disabled by the Dealership. Second, learn to live with it if you want the MyKey functions. So for now, those with Remote Start and MyKey who wish to keep the MyKey function have to live with the slight discomfort of turning the key when they place it in the ignition after remote starting.

However, as always you should check with your Dealers Service Department for the latest information.

This thread is a little old - but here's the fix for the above issue.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6216-remote-start-turn-off-shut-down-on-door-open-feature/

Cheers!