New 2010 Edge

Theakerr

Whilst I would have liked to wait for the new 2011's the deals on the 2010's were just too good. Money in the bank is earning diddly squat, new car prices have to go up and I suspect Ford will put them up on the 2011 and the deals effectivly lower the resale of my 2008 Edge at a later date. So the 2008 with 42000 km on it is gone as of Monday next week replaced by a 2010 AWD Ltd. Have had some issues with the 2008, but was well looked after by dealer and basically was very happy with the Edge. Hence a new Edge.

The gen 2 will definaitely hurt the resale value on our 08 BUT that’s why we trade every 2, 3, 4 yrs.

Newer shiner latest greatest, etc.

We had our 08 detailed Monday. Looks better now than new.

We’ll BE LOOKING at the next MKX, I like turbochargers!

ab

First Impressions of 2010 vs 2008. 1) mileage even in as new condition as indicated by the COMPUTER is better now than the 2008 Edge was with 42,000 km on it. 1st number suggest in mixed driving i am now getting about 10.5L per 100 km. When i first had the 2008 I was getting more like 11.5. Still not good but will see how it changes with time and it is an improvement. 2) sound system is definitely better with more definition and base. 3) Sync now works with my i-pod as it should. specifically I do not have to re-sync the USB interface for the i-pod every time I switch off the ignition 4) the wind noise from the front of the drivers door is higher than it was on the 2008. It is not obnoxious but definitely higher. Will discuss with ford but I suspect I will be told it is within spec.