I have a 07 Edge and recently noticed the puddle bulb on the passenger side is out. Was just wondering how you replace it.

I can't seem to get the lens off and don't really want to try to pry it till i find out if you pry it off or turn it. Funny the owners

manual doesn't say anything about it. Also the local jobby doesn't carry the bulb for it, is it a dealer only?

Thanks in advance.

just take a small screw driver, or your finer tip, and push the little tab and that will allow you to pull it down. really rather easy, it is just the little tab that can be hard to actuate. I use a very small driver to get leverage.

it is a dealer only bulb and in fact, there is no bulb to change per se, as it is an entire encased unit of bulb and housing. about $50 a pop! a total rip off from dealer.

several of us here have cut the closed unit open - separate the lens from the body to get access to the tiny bulb - with a dremel tool and replaced the bulbs with LEDs.. search for those topics here as they have been covered.

just take a small screw driver, or your finer tip, and push the little tab and that will allow you to pull it down. really rather easy, it is just the little tab that can be hard to actuate. I use a very small driver to get leverage.

it is a dealer only bulb and in fact, there is no bulb to change per se, as it is an entire encased unit of bulb and housing. about $50 a pop! a total rip off from dealer.

several of us here have cut the closed unit open - separate the lens from the body to get access to the tiny bulb - with a dremel tool and replaced the bulbs with LEDs.. search for those topics here as they have been covered.

Thanks very much, great info. I was unaware these were so expensive....will be searching out the how to on the lens.....8o)

I've had mine out before, it's kind of scary the first time you do it because it feels like they are going to break but as Lex mentioned, once you do it it's fairly easy.