Projector Fog Light -HID-

Hi Everybody,

I recently added HID lights on the fog lights and I noticed that inside the fog light where the bulb it placed, there was a plate that is slightly opened. I was wondering If I should remove that plate so the HID can let mote light out. Has anybody tried this? I might try it when I have time, then post before and after pics for ya. Thanks

I replaced the fog lights with Hellas. Much better light. I have HID in the Hella fogs on the Mountaineer and will soon have them on the MKX. As you can see from the pics the Ford fogs are really a poor imitation of a projector fog light.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4160-replaced-fog-lights/page__p__32362__hl__kempie__fromsearch__1entry32362

Edited by kempie

I replaced the fog lights with Hellas. Much better light. I have HID in the Hella fogs on the Mountaineer and will soon have them on the MKX. As you can see from the pics the Ford fogs are really a poor imitation of a projector fog light.

http://www.fordedgef...__1entry32362

I was wondering why the foglights's output wasn't so bright. Seemed like it was a projector fog light but I guess I was disillusioned. In the future I will be likely to get some projectors and install them where the fogs are and figure out if I can install inside the headlight. Thanks

Edited by UnderConstruction