Scott S

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the idea , the plastic chrome portion can be removed in winter to reveal the still good looking painted aluminum wheeles underneath.The plastic parts wont be on the wheele to get damaged if you bump the curb or whatever in below freezing temps ! Assuming your in an northern region of North America.

Is it difficult to remove the plastic parts?

Any additional wear to connectors when you remove\reinstall the "chrome covers"?

Any special tools needed?

Well...now that we have everyone's attention, I pose the below question again...

I don't like the grill, or the chrome clad wheels (which I have).

I hope to replace the grill when more aftermarket options become available.

I'd like to remove the chrome cladding, . . . has anyone out there tried it?

I also hope that I do not need to repeat this message in hillbillian. Foreign language is not my forte.

I also hope that I do not need to repeat this message in hillbillian. Foreign language is not my forte.

When you make a new ID tom, you should try not to bust yourself with the same words that poisioned your last ID

And when 007 reads this he needs to remember that for his new ID also.

Hot mod is doing your wheels now..

So I visited the Tire Rack, they have a nice function where you can see any wheel on your vehicle. Even with your car color..

I check out most of the wheels I thought I'd like, and still keep thinking, maybe I like the chrome clad I already have and that I think I definitely do like the new '08 20" wheels coming from the factory. 4 wheels from the factory with updated tires would run $895 ON a vehicle. No Idea what it would cost to have just the wheels ordered in, and then go to put tires on them. Anyone care to guess?

Edited by 07 MKX

What's all the fuss about. We just had an Ice Storm and many trees broke and fell. I have plenty of Fire wood and plenty of left over wood so I can Whittle me out some new wheels next spring. You know just in case my Chrome Clad ones rust or sumpin. Do aluminum with chrome Clad Covers rust, do they perform poorly, do they look bad, do they balance, is it really a detriment to the vehicle?

I didn't think so. Are they really Plastic or Aluminum covers?

I have a Hub Cover off of a Model A or possibly a T and it is Brass. I found it last year when I mowed the yard, it was attached to a Vehicle I did not know I had out back. Don't rightly know what to do wit that there vehicle but that Brass Hub Cover makes a mighty fine paper weight.

Good Hands, and I are going fishing this spring up there in them Hills. Hey MKX you wanna go wiff us?

I have a Hub Cover off of a Model A or possibly a T and it is Brass. I found it last year when I mowed the yard, it was attached to a Vehicle I did not know I had out back. Don't rightly know what to do wit that there vehicle but that Brass Hub Cover makes a mighty fine paper weight.

Good Hands, and I are going fishing this spring up there in them Hills. Hey MKX you wanna go wiff us?

BRASS??? ewwwwwwwwwwww.. Since it was still attached, if you dig down deeper, maybe you can dig/clean the whole car up , but that would be one heck of a paper weight. I don't think I can get any time off from my job, for a few more years, yet. I don't even remember the last time I had 2 days off in a row. But if I was going fishing, I'd look for a pond in a low spot, rather than cast up into some hills. Lot of History in Tenn. Mur Frees Boro.

I should pilgrammage to Graceland and pay my respects to the King.