2011 Edge vs. MXK?

Am looking to buy a 2011 model, but wondering what the main differences are between the 2011 Edge and the 2011 MXK? I understand the different styling of the front grill - but was wondering what information/options differences there are...

Thanks in advance -

Am looking to buy a 2011 model, but wondering what the main differences are between the 2011 Edge and the 2011 MXK? I understand the different styling of the front grill - but was wondering what information/options differences there are...

Thanks in advance -

Hi interfx. :D Really too many variables to answer in a short reply.

However, to try and answer briefly. Both are very nice vehicles. However, the MKX is positioned as the more "luxurious" vehicle. Different styling. More standard equipment and available options. Larger more powerful engine standard. Higher price for all of those perks. The Edge is positioned as the more "sporty" and/or more "value conscious" vehicle, according to how it is optioned.

For the best information, you should really go to the Ford and Lincoln websites, or pick up the brochures at your local Ford and Lincoln Dealerships. Then you can compare pricing, standard equipment and options directly.

Hope this information helps a bit.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for the reply, I've gone to my local dealers, but they do not have any of the 2011 brochures yet with specifics... I like everythign about the Lincoln, except for all of the faux wood in the 2011 gallery they have up... I guess I'll have to wait until they get one on the showroom...

Edited by interfx

Thanks for the reply, I've gone to my local dealers, but they do not have any of the 2011 brochures yet with specifics... I like everythign about the Lincoln, except for all of the faux wood in the 2011 gallery they have up... I guess I'll have to wait until they get one on the showroom...

Hi inerfx. :D Just as an FYI: The wood is real in the 2011 MKX, just as in the earlier models. It is not "faux"/plastic.

As the Lincoln website describes, where there are wood accents in the MKX, it is genuine wood and varies in color/type in relation to the interior color chosen.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 1 month later...

Thanks in advance -

The MKX has available:

- Ventilated front seats

- Power adjustable steering-wheel

- Heated steering-wheel

- THX certified 5.1 sound-system

- Curve adaptive headlights

- Leather stitched dashboard

Hopefully, I covered the important differences.. :stats:

Oh, and the MKX comes standard with 305 HP.

Edited by FordEdgeFan

The MKX has available:

- Ventilated front seats

- Power adjustable steering-wheel

- Heated steering-wheel

- THX certified 5.1 sound-system

- Curve adaptive headlights

- Leather stitched dashboard

Hopefully, I covered the important differences.. :stats:

More sound deadening and a longer warranty also.

More sound deadening and a longer warranty also.

Ah, yes, thanks. :yup:

And I forgot to mention that Lincoln is currently offering free scheduled maintenance for three years. I'm not sure if that will also apply to the new 2011 MKX or only to the 2010 models - but the initial year of maintenance was always included. Ford doesn't offer that either.

Ah, yes, thanks. :yup:

And I forgot to mention that Lincoln is currently offering free scheduled maintenance for three years. I'm not sure if that will also apply to the new 2011 MKX or only to the 2010 models - but the initial year of maintenance was always included. Ford doesn't offer that either.

I think the plan was to make it standard with the 2011 models but I haven't seen that in writing yet.